Heck he even recognized route 2 when I was cutting out your way! Plus he had the inside scoop about this score before I cut it!
I wasn't that impressed with the work the company he subcontracted it out to did. Rather hastily cut and felled. A cheap job maybe? Didn't...
The wood weight and texture is very similar to sassafras IMO. First time I cut one I actually thought it was a variety of sassafras until FHC...
Do box elder leaves look like maple leaves?
He will. Most of their work is in the immediate area. He said he would give me a 2-3 day heads up for me to check it out. Honestly don't think...
Thanks. Are you still selling bundles?
Good question? Seems they list logs from their cuts on FBM. Kid mentioned his father takes some. Not sure how he will dispose of the gnarly...
Time for a few clues. More or less a "weed" tree. Not pursued for its wood as its low BTU. Usually grows crooked/twisted.
Second trip this afternoon. Tree guy made a mess cutting/trying to cut up what's on the ground. Pics before I started. Couple face cords heaping...
[ATTACH]
Sweet looking machine. :thumbs: Post some videos of it in action.
Spotted this just into the woods near my cut yesterday. One of the biggest I've ever seen. Ill give some clues soon and post answer in a couple...
And the wood from it isn't that great. Kinda on my do not take list.
Shelton to be exact. Only on 8 for half mile. I came down 15.
Locust mania that is. Black locust to be precise. Been a while since I've had the adrenaline rush from finding a score of it. Some of my fellow...
He had bucked a lot of it already. Of course to the wrong length and crooked cuts. The few logs that weren't were big but manageable. Maybe...
Ill wait...so will the tree! :rofl: :lol: He can just drop it at her place!
They were REALLY dull. It was a full comp chain and he hand sharpened too. I forget Joe, whats the longest bar you run?
She emailed and said the guy cutting the other wood was going to bring his small chipper and get rid of them. Can I borrow your skid steer?...
Ill have to remember that. Thanks for the tip. My bundle wood is almost gone here at my house. Rather than refill I'm thinking of doing just...