Mine's coming to the covered front porch about the second week of October. I've got about a cord and a half of black oak way up the hill that's...
Cheap weights over rule cute weights! Least in my book.....
Well, if it ain't red elm it's gotta be Siberian elm. The leaves are way to small to be American elm. I'm going out later today to take more...
Old smok dragon maybe but like the man said, a modern stove with air control, no problem. I just don't believe any wood can be 'too dry.' But then...
For sure not American or Chinese Elm. I'm beginning to think Siberian Elm because the leaves are smaller and nothing else except red elm matches...
[RdQUOTE="Chvymn99, post: 549321, member: 41"]Awesome pictures... Elm takes a bashing by some. But in all fairness its good stuff.. Here you...
Foliage? Yep we got us some, mostly green yet, cept fur da ash trees what gots nuffin on 'em. Maybe just a ting of yeller coming on some oaks.
I found it!! If you search the Wood Pile forum for posts by Ralphie Boy you'll find pictures under the title of "Red Elm???" Well, I ain't figered...
Blast! I forgot how to search the forums! There are pictures here....someplace.....if I could just.....:hair: :doh:
I split 3 small pieces with a maul; the first split with one swing and the second and third split with two
It's I posted pictures of the leaves here a while back. I think if you search for the title "Is This Red Elm" you'll find them. The general...
I'll let you know in a couple of years. This is the first I've ever had. With all the dead ash that's 98% of my stacks. Looking forward to trying it.
Well, I braved the heat and started on the red elm that came down in a storm a while back. Pretty much filled my 2010 Tacoma. There's probably one...
"It just goes to show ya, if it's not one thing it's another!"
[QUOguys LodgedTree, post: 543348, member: 3758"]Yes that would be cool and we would LOVE to do that. I mean it is the calling card of the era so...
I think it's a great hobby. I'd love to see more of your pictures. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion; if you can find some vintage...
Yeah, I need a long weekend to get over my long weekend!
Cycled 50 miles Saturday then 32 miles Sunday then breakfast with fellow cyclists at our favorite spot. Kayaked 12 miles today followed be grilled...
All the top names will give him a solid hard working saw. His budget range and usage should guide him in his decision. Just tell him to do his...
Well, I'll start with silver maple and cherry then, as the weather gets colder, I'll start in on the ash. As the nights get colder I'll mix ash...