Crappy pictures but my filing is improving. For a while I was getting some back lean, which I corrected. I found a 5/32” round file is perfect for...
Rethinking round chain. It’s probably been tried before but I want to see what happens. I used a 3/16” round file to touch up this chain to give...
I can promise you it's not at will LOL. Timing is everything. More times than I could possibly count I've spotted something on the side of the...
Kind of a sad day here. I was driving by the very first roadside grove of surviving American chestnut trees I found back in June 2021. The power...
I lost count of how much I’ve burned this year, but even on the warmer days (40-50) I was still having consistent small fires. This was my first...
Certain informational channels on YouTube. Homesteading type channels, DIY, history, etc. No Facebook, Instagram, or any social media for me.
19/72 red oak and yellow birch
I went up there this morning intent on stocking up for wood to sell eventually, but I can't bring myself to part with any of this :tears: Well,...
Those poor VT beeches must be suffering badly from beech bark disease. I’ve only seen patches of it here in CT.
I really had no idea there was a small army of Paul Bunyans out there in the world. All this time I thought that statue in Cheshire was something...
My coworker got his insert installed today so he sent me a picture of it going with the yellow birch I sold him. He’s thrilled, and I’m happy for...
It's black birch. There were 3 small black birch trees taken down and I grabbed it all.
Thanks, I'm trying to get all the bull work done before the warm weather hits. I've got a little ways to go before I refill what I sold off this...
We have one about 13 miles south of me. It originally came from my town though. [ATTACH]
I don't know about luck... Just have to strike when the iron is hot is all ;)
Not much in the way of beech from this spot today, just these 4 heavy noodled quarters. I did grab all the black birch that was cut nearby, which...
On the dirt road where I’ve been cutting dead ash for months, a tree crew dropped dozens of trees along the road last week. I had some time this...
Winter has returned. 27/70 red oak and elm shorties.
I think he had 25 gallons to boil last night. He was sending me pictures until about midnight :) As of this morning all of my jugs were...
That's awesome man. When my kids were younger I played a lot of Beach Boys, Beatles, Elvis, etc. Whatever gets them bopping.