I haven't eaten them (only black cherries) but I do know people make jams, pies and such with choke cherries. I heard they are on the tart side...
My guess is the grass grows so thick that it’s hard for trees to get established. That and I imagine it’s dry and scorching hot during the growing...
I collect all sorts of hickory nuts every fall, but seek out shagbark specifically. Any recipe calling for pecans they’ll work in. I like to eat...
Oak tree has to be over 300 years old. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Raining and 37, but rising slowly overnight. A small red oak fire to take the chill off. [ATTACH]
I can drive 8 miles up the road to a certain Sunoco station and buy whatever octane race gas they have, but I haven’t done that in 20+ years. The...
Load of red oak/yellow birch/ash out for delivery to a repeat customer from January. [ATTACH]
About 2/3 of a load of dead ash. [ATTACH]
You know it’s been a warm winter when last fall’s greens are not only still alive, but starting to take off again. [ATTACH]
Excellent setup! It's not often I run mine vertically either, but when the size of the rounds warrants it, it's great to have that option.
$50 well spent. I too came across the angle issue with mine and tinkered with it until it passed muster. You're right, once you get into the...
I would take it (in small quantities). 3 years ago I got 2+ cords from Chipdrop which was way too much. I still have a large Holzhausen full of...
45 and raining still/again. Red oak shorts in the Lopi.
All this rain makes me want to jump :hair: Looks like you might have a 17 minute window where it’s not raining on Friday to get more. HUGE growth...
Whatever you get should blow your mind compared to running that little MS180, and MS250 for that matter :)
I'll let you know around late July or so :) I've never had them myself.
Darn emerald ash borers are everywhere now :hair:
Milling is hard work and Osage is especially tough stuff. I would opt for as much displacement as possible. Since you're looking at pro saws and...
All I can say is my 029 super (57cc) when it was stock did not have the snot to mill.
I noticed on a lot of oaks that the bark near the base is usually rougher, getting progressively smoother further up the trunk. It almost looks...