Hoarding saws is cool and all, but hoarding a bunch of chains is just as cool IMO :cool:
For firewood purposes I would not make any significant distinction between apple and crab apple. They belong to the same Malus genus and readily...
3/4 load of dead red oak. The rest of this particular trunk is getting bad towards the base so on to the next one. [ATTACH]
Tree ID nerd observation. This red oak branch really wanted to be a maple/ash/dogwood. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Load of red/sugar maple rounds with some dead ash to top it off. [ATTACH]
I found this online: Laurel Wilt | Forestry and Natural Resources Sounds terrible. I planted a couple sassafras along my property line last...
I think a couple smaller pieces were dry, but most of it was pretty wet in the center surprisingly. By next winter it should all be good to go though.
Look at all that good stuff! Reminds me of 2020 when you had a truckload just like that show up on your property. You must be living right. :thumbs:
That's the biggest reason for me to hoard oak; it's a safe bet. Brad wouldn't touch it if it was cut, split, kiln dried and loaded into his truck...
There's a glut of standing dead oaks in the woods near my work, all moth-killed. Kind of sad to see, but it makes for easy scrounging. Every year...
A standing dead red oak fell roadside on Monday during the windstorm. Today I grabbed a quick load. This will go straight to my uncle and he’ll...
37 heading to 60. A small red oak/bigtooth aspen fire going at the moment.
It's pretty brown up here too, although some small patches of grass are just starting to turn green in the warmer spots near the asphalt or next...
LOL is this the second time the number that popped into my head was correct? ;)
177
[ATTACH]
I replied to something he said, he replied, I deleted my reply, he deleted one of his, and now it's all fubar :salute:
Feels like winter again here; low 30s and windy. Red oak is back up to bat in the wood stove.
You’re a lot more determined than I am. I would’ve fired up the saw and noodled it into “splits”
You’re in good company here :D The Car Hoarding thread