You're doing a heck of a job on one heck of a log. It's not easy dealing with the behemoths, and extracting rounds as they're getting...
I highly recommend some 028 run time :thumbs: That's what I used this morning cutting the hickory, ash and oak. I actually just filed a square...
Minus the newly present beech leaf disease in the vicinity, it was healthy. I was looking at the old Google Maps street view of it and my best...
Not for nothing but he does have like 17 other Stihls he could run :whistle: Plus the Stihl dealer is right in town for him. I imagine it's...
A few more quarters this afternoon. [ATTACH] Lots of trunk left and I’d rather not let it rot on the edge of this drainage ditch. The saga...
Beautiful morning today just below freezing. I made it back to the dirt road to continue on. I started with a little white oak (buried from view...
27 and breezy. Red oak, yellow birch and Aspen in the stove.
Much better than that Tom Hanks cover ;) [MEDIA]
Do you have a spare bar/chain to keep bucking, or a spare saw entirely? I second the idea of parallel cuts. What I like to do when dealing with...
C’mon man, if you’ve never tee-teed a bomk before you’re missing out
I'll use it first until it loses it's edge, then take the file to it. I'm unwilling to sacrifice any top plate length just because I don't fully...
That bark looks a lot like some Kentucky coffee tree buZZsaw BRAD gave me a few months ago.
:rofl: :lol: There's a ton of wood just inside the tree line all over this backroad. The trouble is time and to a lesser extent, space at home....
It’s a nice cool, dry sunny day here hovering around 40 degrees with a light breeze, so I figured I’d take the opportunity to whittle away at this...
33/70 more aspen and red oak.
Either I'm crazy or I've had an awakening of sorts. :loco: :crazy: After a couple years of CAD acquiring, acquiring, and acquiring some more, I...
I believe arborists prune limbs that way to help the tree heal over the wound better, rather than a flush cut right up to the trunk which is a bad...
My turn to piggyback on Brad’s BL thread :) Grabbed a few barkless BL skinnies this afternoon and an ancient chestnut fence post for fun. [ATTACH]
Second and final load for the day. Mostly oak with a fair amount of mulberry. [ATTACH]
90% red oak with the rest being white and chestnut oak, out for delivery to last weekend’s customer. Short splits for north-south loading. [ATTACH]