No pictures as it was dark when I finished up but I did get it all bucked to 16” and split. It didn’t smell like wintergreen like yellow or black...
Betula populifolia - Wikipedia I used to have a hard time distinguishing them from paper birch, but the main difference is that the bark doesn’t...
That was exactly my experience with paper birch too. I got some in spring 2020 that I split right away and burned 2 winters later. It made...
Another one scratched off my unofficial list of species I’ve never gotten. I was out with my kids seeing what I could find and came across some...
Here’s the bulk of the beech from this score waiting to be processed. There’s a few more large limbs and oddballs kicking around too, plus the...
The hickory is split and ready to be stacked. Not a heck of a lot but enough to mix in throughout the mild winters we’ve been getting. [ATTACH]...
More progress today. If only it was as easy to fill up the shed as it is to empty it :picard: I managed to knock out 3 more rows of mostly ash,...
A quick sunset load. Mostly red maple with some dead red oak up front and some sassafras limbs buried underneath. [ATTACH]
Great photo journey and wood score. There’s something iconic about seeing campinspecter toiling away surrounded by a sea of slash :) [ATTACH]
As far as muscle memory with the angles goes, is there much difference sharpening with the triangular files versus the double bevel?
Nice tall straight forest-grown sugar maple like that is the best way to get it. You did really well at this score for sure :thumbs: I've gotten...
Looks like sugar maple from here with that rough textured bark and grain color. Here's one I took down in December: [IMG]
The guy really cheesed me off. It was raining and 40 degrees out, 7am, I'm walking outside to bring my kid to the bus stop, and this minivan shows...
Employers have until the end of January to cough up W2's, but investment companies, health savings accounts, etc. IME take their sweet time.
If I ever made a career change, it would never be anything where I’d have to get up on a roof. :picard: Recently got a new home insurance company...
40, overcast and drying out slowly after yesterday’s rain. Oak, aspen and one short chunk of dogwood in the stove.
That's about as nice silver maple as you could ever hope for. The last one I got was gnarly and borderline not worth the aggravation. So... are...
All we can ever do is sell at fair market value for our particular areas. You’re providing a quality product, you’re making money and not raking...
I guess where you're viewing it from really factors in. Where I was I remember after lunchtime it got about as dark as when a really nasty summer...
Ah yes the one in 1993 is the one I vividly remember (sheesh, how did 1993 get 31 years behind us already? :picard:) Despite the fire and...