I really pushed myself Friday-Tuesday processing/moving firewood, with a little hiking thrown in the mix. By Monday morning I woke up limping...
I started moving the cells that had sprouted into solo cups, as they were starting to touch the clear plastic lid. When transferring into the cups...
Thank you gentlemen :handshake: Curiosity got the best of me so I went out in the rain to measure it. 6’ diameter x 5’ tall = 141 cubic feet / 1.1...
3 cords for the thread? You best get out there in the pouring 40 degree rain this week if you want to be where you were at for last year's BL...
Ironwood is hophornbeam, musclewood is American hornbeam. Both in the betulaceae (birch) family. Ironwood has that shaggy bark with vertical...
rek I've been to that huge sycamore next to the Farmington river several times. It's very impressive with its sprawling limbs. Once the leaves are...
While fishing on Sunday afternoon with my kids I spotted a rusted piece of metal poking out of the river bank. It’s an old square nail, larger...
Looks like a huge musclewood (American hornbeam)
If I had to go back to hand splitting I’d have to be so much more picky on what I bring home. Nothing but knot-free straight grained oak, no...
This beech score is officially wrapped up. I haven’t measured so I don’t know the volume, but it’s definitely the most beech I’ve ever had. I have...
My arthritis-ridden foot throbs just looking at that bank :picard: It’s what we have to do sometimes though, when the mania strikes ;)
44 and overcast, not supposed to get out of the 40s today. Four splits of bigtooth aspen in the Lopi. [ATTACH]
I fixed it a few days ago. Some of this beech is relatively straight grained, and some of it is… a beech. No way I could hand split it all.
LOL my wife yesterday actually said to me NO MORE WOOD! What this means in practical terms is no more wood until I get what's staged up split and...
:whistle::whistle::whistle: [ATTACH]
The last time we went, my younger son was only 3 and he had an absolute meltdown at around 10pm. My wife ended up taking him home and I stayed...
I've got a tent campsite booked at one of our state parks for May 31st-June 2nd. Other than some backyard camping, I haven't taken the kids to a...
I know next to nothing about growing apples myself (cut my one prairie fire crabapple down this past fall) But it looks like you're off to a good...
I've got a bunch of young garlic shoots coming up now, about 3-4" tall each. I didn't plant any cloves this past fall though, or grow any garlic...
You've got quite the collection there. Are the blooms early this year or about on schedule?