Did some scrounging around the backyard for dead and downed that I can burn this year.. As shown in another thread, I'm getting stuff that is...
Post some pictures when you get a chance.. What are the inside dimensions of your existing flue? Fireplace? Sounds like you'll have to remove...
I haven't purchased from this place, but they seem to have a reasonable prices.. http://www.metalsdepot.com/products/hrsteel2.phtml?page=expanded...
Collect it.. Dry it.. Burn it.. Let us know what the BTU content is!!!:D
While you're there can you grab me a cord of firewood bundles? I need to stock up!!:p
All true... Of course, if I get the tent with the wood stove, I'll have to get campinspector up near the top of the flue to do the sniff test to...
Yes, Sir. The timing worked out great for this one. We got out of the woods on Sunday just prior to the big rain event. This worked out much...
Concur..:thumbs:
Sorry to hear that PB. It was something that certainly was a topic of discussion when I was studying forestry. This one was not too difficult to...
Got out to the property a few days after Christmas for some firewood gathering at the property in north central MA. Hadn't been there in 2.5...
Good luck Ray. Hopefully it works out for you. Don't do what this guy did....
I gotta ask, why would someone pay $4.17 per gallon for heating oil when you can get diesel in NJ for about $3.60 a gallon and run the...
Thanks Zap. Trying to learn from the pic master!!;)
Thanks AC... Didn't even think of that possibility but it makes perfect sense. Will keep it in mind for the next time. :thumbs:
Stumbled across this yesterday and thought I'd share. Most have been talking about an increase in fuel usage to keep their homes warm (unless...
If it was up to me, I wouldn't be using space heaters... It's the four others in the house (youngest 16 months) I have to think about. Keep...
I've thought about something similar when I had an oil boiler in a rental house with FHW. There was no damper in the flue, so while the...
Coldest night of the year and I shut down the stove last night to conserve my limited supply of wood. Got the electric oil filled radiator going...
Thanks Pete, Looks like it's time for me to start a new long term experiment since I don't know exactly when this one first came off the stump....
Thanks Gents.. And glad to not be starring in a youtube video. Now to hang up another one for 10 years of drying!!;)