We had quite the deluge coming down yesterday, but it’s a sunny with a light breeze now. I’m definitely looking forward to daytime highs in the...
You’re correct on the birch; that particular variety is gray birch. It’s a common yard tree and pioneering species in the wild. I scrounged some...
Yeah maple is a workout more often than not, especially with the crotches and knots. Black locust wood is pretty brittle so even on the crotch...
IME it's not bad at all. Not as easy as straight grained oak, but better than sugar maple.
For what it’s worth there are 6 people living in my house sucking up electricity and I’m there the least. But yeah this past month being high 80s...
This is the plan to force people to get solar, to the massive benefit of the political class which bought in years ago for pennies on the dollar....
Last month’s bill was $700 [ATTACH]
You know, I just found out recently myself that different varieties have different growth cycles. This particular kind is an early variety. Some...
These were from this year. IIRC I got them in the ground in late April. My rule of thumb is when the dandelions come out, it’s time for potatoes.
The vines died back a lot in the last month so I started digging out my potatoes this morning: [ATTACH]
I would definitely NOT recommend this to anyone, chili head or otherwise. I tried it half a dozen times and there's no way around it: it's got a...
Excellent call :handshake: Nice little kick but well within the realm of edible. [ATTACH]
This forum's been too quiet lately. In lieu of fuelrod posting his "annual summer" thread, I'm giving this old one a bump :D [ATTACH]
The general rule of thumb (as I understand it) is Huskies over 60cc have a large mount, and below 60cc are a small mount (with a few exceptions)...
I'm under a severe thunderstorm watch until 9pm. The radar forecast map looks pretty impressive as of right now. We could definitely use the rain...
This came highly recommended by a coworker. I was told that it was crazy hot, but these kind of things are subjective. I’ve already ripped through...
Another vote for littleleaf linden, American basswood's smaller European cousin.
I keep hearing rumors that Brad is secretly jetting around the country on the FHC corporate helicopter, collecting vast hoards of locust, all the...
According to his page his last visit was August of last year...
This has been brewing for a long, long time. I really hope what happens next is not more escalation, retaliation, etc. Once blood gets shed in a...