Not exactly dead, but this tree was down anyway. 7 more rounds from the same location last night. I believe these are scarlet oak, but it could be...
The fresh cut red oak was pretty heavy for the diameter. The walnut I found as precut rounds that somebody dumped illegally roadside on town...
Nice ambrosia red maple. It would definitely be cool to see one milled up :yes:
If you store the rounds up off of the wet ground and top covered only, they'll probably keep for a bit. I think you'd want good airflow on them to...
A load of red oak with 3 rounds of black walnut on top. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I’ve always felt like a displaced small town resident :) I’ll have to pitch the idea to my wife sometime. Heck I’ve joked with her in the past...
Not just a character from the little rascals [ATTACH]
Ooof. Looks like black gum, Joe.
I need to move to a state that doesn't hate people who do things outdoors using power equipment :picard:
Thanks for the input y'all. Prior to checking out the forum this morning I did end up patching in a fresh tooth with two 0.050” drive links. Being...
A coworker friend found this old chain in his garage and gave it to me. It’s a 0.375 x 0.058 x 72DL (20”) which I happen to have a couple bars...
Back at it with a few rounds of dead/down/barkless red oak. Grandpa’s old 61 did the cutting today with the new 18” small mount bar I butchered up...
Nice bass... Sounds like you live close to my father-in-law (Butler PA)
Now there's an Eric-esque looking scrounge if I ever saw one ;)
Heck yeah man, you can't put a price tag on the limited time you have with your kids as they're growing up. Smart move and good to have you back...
Nice. Mimosa splits super easy like black walnut IIRC. Cool to score something new.
The backyard doesn’t appear to be an open air drug market full of squatters… what’s the catch?
I can mostly agree with this. This one particular tree was standing dead for at least 5 years, and fell down this past week. The rounds that I cut...
A couple days ago I scored a few dead/barkless red oak rounds along with the last 4 rounds of birch that I wanted: [ATTACH] Splitter trash is...
Without the corresponding leaves that belonged to that tree, it's kind of difficult to positively ID it beyond elm. There's a lot of variation in...