As of this week I'm down to my last jar from this past season. Seeing this thread makes me antsy :) I'm digging your railroad tie log rack too :yes:
That’s been my experience a few times. The lower trunk is usually wet, but the upper sections are either ready to burn or just need one summer to...
I would’ve told him to never apologize for white oak, advance notice or not :) Sweet!
If I ever had any illusions about swimming in Lake Superior in August, they’ve now been shattered :faint:
That's great that they're working to remedy the situation. Sounds like a standup company. :yes: They'll probably have to add a small radius on the...
I can relate... that's hilarious though :rofl: :lol:
As cool as some 3D printed parts are, they can be surprisingly brittle. The engineers at my work have been printing prototypes for years, and are...
40:1
I could. BUT. If I’m going through all the work to redo the bottom end I can’t really justify putting it back to stock. I’m still kicking myself...
Many years ago and before I switched to seltzer altogether, I was on an NA beer kick and tried every one I could find. Heineken makes one, as does...
A comparison between the ported 039 cylinder (1st picture) and my original 029 cylinder. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Note the area around where the crank...
I found the culprit. A whole bunch of hard brown plastic pieces which came from one of the retainers on the crankshaft bearings. [ATTACH] You can...
Surprisingly the cylinder looks decent. I’m just wondering where those metal flakes came from…
A sad state of affairs here. When I was running my XS 029 Stihl on Friday, it felt like it lost compression and was sluggish in the cut. I put the...
Thanks for posting the fall picture that I didn't know I needed to see today :handshake:
This upcoming winter at the Tennessee-Alabama border: [ATTACH]
I did feel a bit bad for the homeowner. Early 30s, no saw, homebody office type without the means to clear this mess. I’m happy enough with the 3...
A coworker friend secured this score from Facebook Marketplace this week. Lots of white oak, red oak, and a little red maple thrown in. A recent...
Looks like black birch to me (definitely not gray) and the smell and weight description fits... It's strange how the bark isn't more fissured for...
That’s why I think it’s scarlet oak. That thick bark is an adaptation to fire and this tree was growing on a warm, dry, south facing hilltop.