If the contractor has a laser level, see if he can shoot a beam across the floor and take some measurements and then have three or four people...
Looks like the panels on the hearth pad overlap which is good for ember protection. Might want to check the local code, as it may require it to...
This one happened in MA the other night. We are not really in bear country but I guess they wander when foraging. A large male black bear was...
Nice view at the local trout pond this evening. [ATTACH]
Hoping to stuff my face with Paczki's.
Scotty, that spoon looks to be for organic quail eggs. I'm thinking about $350 for that specialty spoon.:cool:
Not sure I get the $250 price tag on the spoon. Sounds like trend-setting to me. Now there is something to be said about open hearth cooking...
I waited for a bright sunbeam, it was only filtered sun through the clouds for a while. [ATTACH]
Lots of plow damage to lawns as most storms came after the ground thawed. Looking forward to some sun and nicer temperatures. At least we are...
I've had this Craftsman hatchet for a while that once belonged to my Pepere. The rubber handle is long gone, and I had a paracord wrap, but it...
That's great that they were able to resolve it. I had similar symptoms two years ago after getting hit from behind in an auto accident. For...
I mentioned floor support as I have seen many older houses with cut floor joists in front of fireplaces. Then boxed in with smaller dimensional...
Also with a 30 foot liner, you may want to consider an in line damper plate. Very cold or wind days will get most stoves choochin' to the point...
Welcome Beantown, I'm from the north shore of Ma. Lots of good advice here. I'm with Chaz on this from a preservationist standpoint. I have a...
4 straight pine branches with bark on or peeled off. Tenon cutter dowel ends and pine branch stretchers between the legs. Just my .02....
Great job on that. She's a beauty.:yes:
Scrounge local, burn local. :thumbs:
I have one, and they are seriously dangerous as they are, but good for quick stock removal. I would definitely have the guard on when using it....
If there are circles from grinding, it can possibly help narrow the manufacturing date.
That sure looks like a neat pan. Is the cooking surface ground smooth?