I had 5 cord of ash, hickory, red and white oak on pallets I brought in by hand and later be my BX. Not exactly 'the woods' but remote because of...
Yep, ash is all I'm cutting. There are still a lot left on my place but few of good firewood size. I've got my eye on a big guy of 26" DBH and...
Very nice! I've been doing this for a long time but I still can't stack that neat!:headbang: Welcome to the land of Woodenheads where we feed off...
Ya know what they say: "when you least expect it; expect it!" Glad all went well! That will keep you in shoulder season wood for a while. :thumbs:
I have a new Stihl 32" skip tooth chain I could sell you if you may be interested.
Anyone hear if Minard's is going to have their great splitter deals this year? I've been splitting by hand for years and I'm realy, at 63,...
Nice work! I'm glad everything worked out for the best. Maybe you might wanna cross the river and give me a hand with the last big ash left on my...
You da man, Super Santa!!:dex:
I have a 661 and only have one tree left that is big enough for that saw. My 461 can pretty much take care of what I need to cut. Yeah, I admit...
Not quite what I would call a "homeowner" saw! That thing is a beast! I used one once and discovered quickly that you better be in shape to cut...
I'm in again!
Same problem here except its rotting ash.
20,000 hours @ 40 hours per week is about 9.6 years. He doesn't look old enough to have 9.6 years in as a pro arborist. But then I'm old so...
I don't get much cherry but I love to smell it burning on a cool fall day. Nice haul; it's good to have friends who understand our affliction and...
As soon as you see the damage cut them down. I've learned that if left standing too long they start getting punky from the top down. When I...
I took the 461 out today and put this EAB victim out of its misery. She, the 461, still loves me. [ATTACH]
Get to :axe:that :woodsign: and :stacke: it before it rots! :rofl: :lol: Nice work! Gonna be some warm winters ahead for you and your family....
I can't tell what kind of wood he left you. Zat pine of some sort?
Hint: WWII
Are the critters causing a problem?