Well done! A lot of good info to be had here. Welcome!
Ash?
Most of the new quality ceiling fans now come with a D. C. motor and are far more energy efficient than their A.C. counterparts. I was wondering...
Time to get ta :axe:and :stacke: dat der :woodsign:
All kinds of problems with that! I know because before I installed my insert all my wood was cut to 24" length. I had to shorten 5+ cord down to...
Where and to whom shall I ship?
1, 32" 3/8 .50 full comp and 1, 32" full skip 3/8 .50. Both are new, unused still in the box Stihl chains. In the spirit of the thread I would...
:rofl: :lol::thumbs:
I confess, I too am a stack nurd. :emb:However I don't have too much to choose from. I've about 5 cord of red oak, another 5 of ash and a couple...
I've never top covered and never had a problem. I bring About 2 months supply to my covered porch in late September or early October. As that...
You're correct Dennis, best he look up the specs on his particular stove.:salute:
Yep, or so da box say! Dey 32" fur sur.
The only dumb question is one not asked. Check your wood on a piece of room temperature, 70° or so, fresh split wood. Fresh split, as in, split...
Update! Update! I have 2 new in the box Stihl 3/8 .50 chains to give away. One is a 32" RS 105(full comp) and one is a RSF 105, that's a full...
Look at the inside top; if there is perforated tubes you don't have a cat stove. Or look at the manufacturer's spec's on the net.
Yep, think birch bark canoe!
By the way, if your stove is a catalyst stove burning green or wet wood will destroy the catalyst. And top cover if you can. Hear that sound...
Not all red oak is created equal. For example, in my area black oak, which is actually one of the reds, needs about 4 years due to its natural...
You're lucky your insert isn't a catalyst insert. Unseasoned wood would destroy the catalyst. I second the idea of mixing the compressed sawdust...
Nice score. Looks like ash, a great wood.