Agree with Backwoods on the 10 to 15 minute burn with full air. That is a long time to burn on full blast. If it's a cold start that is fine,...
A few things for ya: 1. Your right the PH doesn't "normally" dial down low enough to get a 24 hour burn. I've had a handful of 24 hour burns,...
Got it, looks MUCH better for wood heating! What software did you use to do the 3d rendering/design?
Penweld in Sayville. He's a marine welding/pipe fabrication guy, makes hardtops, T tops, rocket launchers... for boats. Does great work. I've...
Mr Bunion, ;) Thanks for the great explanation and taking the time to do it! Got it! I did not know that's what was being referred to as...
I'm not following that math at all?? Water is more dense (heavier) than wood. So I would think the moister % lost in the wood will not only...
I haven't read the entire thread, but just a quick suggestion: Since you haven't built the house yet, why not design the house so it best fits a...
I agree with that part for sure, and think about that all the time. There is definitely a 20 or 30 minute "delay" in the heat output from the PH...
I like my CS-400 Echo, it's a fine saw. But one word of advice, when you buy it, the VERY first thjing you should do is remove the chain that...
That's basically what I do. I cut to 18" and use a 72" long 1 x 2 treated piece of wood that I marked every 18" with orange spray paint, and big...
We will see, but I agree and have results to prove it already, with oldspark. When it rains, the outside of the splits get soaking wet, but...
Well, how often would you like? I was thinking every week for a month or two, then once a month for a couple years. Better make a B-I-G...
Blowers???
I split these two "green"Red Oak splits yesterday. The tree was downed about 1 month ago, but was never bucked until yesterday. I just weighed...
Really. You could easily walk or ride a bike instead of driving a car. Just like you can easily make your own firestarters instead of using a...
Weight vs BTU's? Some of the highest energy sources in the world are also the lightest objects in the world. Your also forgetting about the...
You don't "need" a car either.......
I think there are 3 stages of the burn, the gasses (outgassing), then burning the bulk of the wood, followed by the coaling stage. CAT stoves (at...
Why not get the bigger KING? Oh, and PS, you should re-post or ask the MODS to move this to the STOVE forum... you'll get more eyeballs on it.
:faint: 1st, how in the hell (and WHY?) did you get them BIGUNS into the back of the jeep??? 2nd, why are you saving bunches of bark in...