So on the poll list why is the elm the only one with an asterisk? Is that because it is the star of all firewood?
I did
I voted for the only one on the list that I had the opportunity to get. Elm. I like ash but not sure what variety I have around here, I always...
Yes I will be putting a standard bar on it, I’m thinking 32” maybe 36”. Not sure how much it will handle. Toying with the idea of getting some...
It an 80cc class saw
My newest acquisition, 181 SE. Looks to be in really good shape for its age. I don’t think it has a lot of time on it. Haven’t tried to make it...
You could probably use some deck screws and attach some 2x4 “toe boards” to stop the sliding
I got a Kaufman tilt deck equipment trailer rated for 14,000 (two 7,000 lbs axels) great trailer and I love it for hauling my skid steer. It has...
[ATTACH] this plus 28*F = this [ATTACH] First fire of the season. Standing dead elm
Pretty much the same as many have said. If chain comes off, the bar usually gets flipped. And after a cutting session of any length saws get blown...
Me too. Black bear rifled felling wedges, they have ridges and groves in them so they can’t slip sideways on you
So how is it for firewood
A little while back I asked about a tree ID, and the responses said river birch. What category of birch does that fall into?
Never had any gum so I’ll go with the elm. Although the drying time seems pretty optimistic.
About the only two on the chart that are common around me are ash and elm (not sure what specific species of either) and I already know how that...
This has been fun to watch, but I don’t get to play often because very few of the species are available to me
How about cottonwood vs aspen
What about the fly over states in the middle? I gots only the ponderosa in my yard, 2 of which I’ve had to take down since I joined here. Sticky...
Show off
Then buy a Husqvarna I’ve been resisting the urge to jab at you since this thread started, but I just couldn’t take it anymore :rofl: :lol: