I stopped and grabbed a picture of this anvil marking the location of a smithy back in the day. Looks to be an English pattern, maybe 300lbs? It...
Nice work on the scrolling. :yes: Not easy without a scrolling jig. What size bar stock is that, 1/2"? An idea hit me while reading this. An...
This one was stopping traffic this morning. [ATTACH] Saw him an hour later about 30 feet away and not too scared. [ATTACH]
I ended up using 1/4" mild steel flat stock. The 3/16" right angle felt flimsy, 1/4" angle was just overkill. The rail went into my two big...
Good ideas. Tried it though, and the steel springs back. Either cast or drop forged rails. Very similar to a handle if a crescent wrench. It...
Yes, square inside and out on the old rails
Old rails are cast and pretty square. Not rounded inside like bent stock.
Or grind some pockets on the new angle from the outside of the 90 would work too. I've got some calculatin' to do. [ATTACH]
I drew out cross sections of the two ideas. The arrows are where welds would be. The sandwich angles leave no welds in the corner. The flat...
About a half inch drop at the mid point. I can just about pull the rail up against the level, clamping it would be easy. [ATTACH]
I was given an old iron bed which is a mix of cast iron finials poured where steel rods and tubes meet up. My daughter and I have been doing the...
Ah, if the rest is good, sourcing a motor might be the way. I have a 1980's Craftsman 10" bench saw with side tables. It is not fancy, but it...
Maybe check the start capacitor ? Is there a thermal cut-off that needs to be reset?
Good job Eric. Growing up I used to get robins and blue jays out of blueberry netting with gloves. Blue jays are a handful. We took a quick...
First orioles arrived here yesterday, hummingbirds over at my parents. They wwnt for the quince bushes that flowers early. Crabapples in a few...
How about a Fisher or similar style?
It hit just about 88 here today, which is ridiculous. Traffic backed up this morning around the beach roads up the interstate. Lots of people...
I scored some plum from my neighbors tree a few weeks ago that lost limbs from the heavy snow. She said she worried the the tree was in bad shape...
Rinse it off in a sink or vacuum it off if you have a vac nearby? PITA no matter what. I mentioned to the Mrs. that someone should sell a small,...
I hope you can make it out Shawn. I'm sure I can chat up some woodworking conversations with you. Anyone bringing an Isocore? I'd like to take...