I like it. :yes: Maybe add a LED coaster in the bottom for visual effect? If the muffler pipe is galvanized, be super careful as it can off gas...
Duck can bring in all sorts of pond weeds and fish eggs on their feet from other areas. The pond may just develop vegetation on its own. It will...
Nice pond project! Is it fed from the water running down the left side of the gravel path to the lower part of your property? I noticed at the...
Nice adze. It would be great to learn the story of it. Lots of iron came over from England. I have a few mid 1800 planes made in America with...
Sounds like a perfect reason to use the Kreg jig.:whistle: And the clamps have feet, even gooder.
About 15 years ago is was working in a house in Dover, NH. A late 1800's Victorian undergoing some renovations. The boss asked me to check the...
I like the versatility and durability of cast. It can be used to cook over a campfire, stove top, inside a wood stove, used to bake in an oven,...
Good start so far. I have a similar set up using a truck drum and can post pics if needed. Just watch the depth of the firebowl. You need a...
Jotul F 400 Castine re-build
Welcome to FHC. I'd start out by locating the parts schematic online and verifying you have everything you need. Systematically take it apart...
I've seen it many times on boilers, not sure why. Corrosion resistance to nat gas is my guess.
I would stick with the plain mild steel. It will last years. Galvanized can off gas zinc at certain temps and cause serious health effects....
I had a stainless t nearby for my flex liner. You can see the nice well formed lip on the vertical piece that is connected to the liner. The...
Thank you for the update Woodwidow. We are hoping for a complete and speedy recovery. Send our best to Allan.
Happy Independence Day everyone. Many have lost sight of its' significance, but I hold it very near to my heart. The air may be stifling hot...
Worked on house siding repair today for a few hours. [ATTACH]
Happy Anniversary Dennis. Please give a big hug to Judy for me. Today was painting and cedar siding repair on the house. All was well until the...
Whoa. Hotel reservation for me at the gtg next year.o_O
Two more additions that I picked up at the N.E. gtg. Midwinter brought a pile of cast pans that we all were able to pick through. The first one...
I saw on the net years ago where an installer took a flex liner and ovalized the bottom foot or so by a half inch or so to make it through the...