Sounds like you are off to a good start. We have a two bin system. One is the dome type container on the ground to hold everything, the other is...
Very nice, and the price is pretty good for a '99 saw. What size motor does it have? Heavy weight is good for less vibration. The Alex...
Enjoy your visit Mike. Its such a great area to visit.
I haven't used the oven much this summer, so I made the family some cheeseburgers tonight. I fired the mud oven with pine and sugar maple splits....
A little bump for this thread. We hiked Mt Major just about 30 minutes south of the Whites yesterday in the Belknap range. Is sits south west of...
That's a good dipper cup. I drilled a few small holes in the bottom of mine to sprinkle a water ring around the coals when the fire spreads more...
I haven't seen much early Lodge around here either. BSR even less.
I stopped at a garage sale today and the owner had a bunch of random stuff from house cleanouts. These two pans were pretty rough, but one was a...
I'll certainly be around in various threads. I'll be hoarding in no time if we make the move. Lots of wood on the ground and some trees...
I hope things work out well for you FatBoy85. It is not easy seeing your hard work go down the road, and relocating woodpiles can add a lot of...
blacksmith has a tool steel anvil, which are known to be loud. Chain wrap or straps can help. J. Dirt, any chance of pulling the strap fasteners...
Welcome to FHC Jimmy. Where the corners met up on the back, front and side plates, mine were good. I did reseal the secondary combustion...
A lot of the work is constantly turning the piece for hammering, tapering, flattening, etc.. I've only wished for one when hot punching through a...
Those are just iron hold downs. They can be made out of square stock, forged round for the pritchel end. (Internet pic.) [ATTACH] If the...
Nice install. How tall of a stack is it vented into?
Great craftsmanship and good on you for learning joinery and using hand tools as much as possible. I'm going to tag Shawn Curry to take a look at...
That is an absolute beauty. Peter Wright is a great anvil. Well made, and a lifetime tool. You did fine at $500, and it is a good size.:yes:...
The Davistown Museum There does not seem to be much out there on that one. It looks to be a planishing hammer of some type. Sometimes the...
That's looks to be a very decent wrought anvil, maybe early 1900's. Could be a Hay-Budden or Trenton. It could go $500+ as it is a decent weight...
I picked up a goatskin welders apron at TSC. Pretty decent and has held up for a few years. A few more pockets to hold some small tools would...