The burbs are close! And I basically refuse to deliver more than 15 miles away.
I live in south Jersey. My moms place where I keep the wood is in the woods but it’s not far from the suburbs.
Been making 100+ pounds of sausage a year for my whole life. Never had any issues mixing the seasoning by hand and then double grinding the meat....
So I crunched some delivery numbers and came up with this: 1st delivery August 18 Last delivery November 28 4,550 miles driven making deliveries...
We just dump the meat chunks into a big tray, hand mix seasoning in and then run through the grinder.
So it’s just to spread seasoning? Am I missing something?
Nothing sad about it to me!
And may I ask exactly what a meat mixer is?
An empty field (well empty of splits and rounds) makes me happy. Probably have 80-90 cords of logs ready for when I am. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I don’t k ow to be honest. Looking for a break to do some hunting and skiing. Plenty of logs on site though for when I’m ready
I’m planning on exactly that!
I don’t believe that will be in the cards…nor do I want it to be. Trying to get this all delivered on weekends darn near killed me this fall!
The year is over…the tally is in. Today I deliver my last 3 cords of the season. I estimated I had 265-270 cords this year and I’m usually a...
50 pounds per pig?!? Holy cow, you all must be grinding up a lot of the shoulder meat into sausage as well to get that much. We generally get...
I was going to say the same thing!
Thanks for all of the compliments everyone. I am beyond happy with how it turned out!
Speaking of deliveries….I should be all wrapped up come this Sunday!!
I told her I would let her have a day in the stone!
This was once red brick until my wife had the fabulous idea of painting without running it by me. I sat on this ugliness for 4-5 years before...
Definitely not any type of oak. Honey locust would be a good guess and explain the heat output