I wonder if the parts schematic on the Jotul website would give any insight?
They need a name for the persistent hot air that blows out of Washington D.C.:whistle:
TrinitySouth99, those pics posted on Sept 8th are really nice. I've been busy on house repairs that I haven't taken many pics lately. This was...
I used this product that I picked up at the local mason supply yard. [ATTACH] I started with a brush and went right to a cheap pump sprayer....
This isn't forging but I did use my hammers, anvil and other tools to make this pig weathervane for my brothers 50th birthday. I ran out of...
Shop scraps in the stove this morning. Window AC unit are coming out today. This weather is fantastic, the angry hornets are not. Holding off...
Make sure you have proper clearance for the loading door. Welcome to FHC. These fine folks will help with any questions.
It sounds like the plate is working out for you. It does slow up the smoke path and let more heat radiate out. A lot of members use a fan on the...
I finished installing the last six pieces of wood trim in the kitchen after 19 years. I told my wife the labor rate was cheap, so there should be...
I have the same one but it needs some work as flames shoot out the mantle instead of glowing. Future project. They look sharp all cleaned up.
I saw this coal burner a few weeks ago. It has some beautiful castings. I believe it was for a bedroom. [ATTACH]
Looking good Pete. Are you stapling plastic sheeting before the board goes up on the exterior walls?
Sad story. Amazing when you see that chunk of chimney flew a few feet away to where it landed. There was a lot of good stories of neighbors...
I've used those plastic carpet slides on pieces of 1/4" luan plywood. It protects the floor and slate until in place. I used 2 x 4's as levers...
I'm glad to help out. It will be interesting to see how much the burn characteristics change with a baffle in place.
Both of those are very impressive. That cleaver looks pretty substantial with the full tang. I was scrolling down the first pics and thought it...
Very good information posted there. I put a short leg kit on mine and it had the bottom heat shield, so I never saw the 2 1/2" hole for the...
That must be frustrating having those type of costs. Baffle plate around here looks like $21.00 USD. Here is the pictures with dimensions,...
Under the doghouse cover, there are two holes to let primary air into the firebox. I don't think there would be any benefit to restricting these...
Welcome to FHC Heatmonger. I'll pull the baffle tonight or this weekend and take measurements and pictures for you. The baffle plate sits angled...