I imagine barkless heartwood would dry quicker. It does for other woods IME so why not HL? Unfortunately my three stacks of HL are mostly shaded...
Stacked in the shade, did some bundle assembly in the shade, I sweated in the shade then made my way to his yard. It was in full sun. Luckily it...
This will get sold for 26-27 season so it'll get well over a year to dry. Its gets very little sun there. IIRC correctly don't you have a nice...
Stacked the load this morning. Separated out barkless to stack on its own. Before[ATTACH] [ATTACH] After[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Hit the yard this...
Sweet machine! :thumbs: Fun to watch it do its thing. Watched one in February at the guys wood yard I cut PT for. What species have you run...
One thing I tell new BL customers is it can be hard to cold start and best when added to a bed of coals. The bags of splitter shards I get when...
In your opinion which wood is the heaviest in round form fresh cut green? Id say honey locust.
What do you do with HL? general cordage? Special tote?
Theres a few on that chart i respectfully disagree with. Ive sold plenty of one year dried (bark on) BL and positive feedback. I recall one guy...
Badly worded, my bad. Black locust can keep coming. With the three year HL drying dilemma I'd say no to more HL. It's a novelty score as I...
Same forecast here only a few degrees cooler. Not looking forward to it. Just gonna go slow.
Based on my very limited experience and what I've read here, multiple years. I sold a cord a couple years ago that sat for three years plus. I...
LOL!!! 16" long 'rounds" of black locust. Its seldom round at that size.
It would bug me too. Friend of mine I sell BL to will burn it during shoulder season. Either that or oak heartwood! :picard:
462 wearing a 28" bar[ATTACH]
Good reason to break protocol. I would've. IMO its the heaviest wood. Bucked some this afternoon and couldn't get over how heavy a 12" round was.
Went to cut this afternoon and the locust pile grew...with honey locust. Six logs worth. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Bucked a couple face cord then...
Sounds like some good stuff. :thumbs:You only save the best!...
Kickin azz there Joe. :thumbs: Dry weather has to help as I know. Not going to be fun tomorrow.
Maybe I'll add it to my listings. I've never had a request for it though. Still trying to sell more pear! ;) Have a guy pending PU of three...