He's a member here, although I can't for the life of me remember his screen name. He hasn't been on in a bit IIRC. I know he thoroughly enjoys his...
Something along these lines? [MEDIA]
Sounds like the green (species) ash I've come across, as opposed to white ash. Denser and more stringy.
Goes to show you never know how someone is really doing, coping with whatever they're going through. Very sad for everyone in his life that lost...
Cool saw :thumbs: Amazon has the 2 large OEM mounts, but not the small OEM ones. I bought the 2 OEM's and the rest are cheap aftermarket also from...
Perfect. [ATTACH]
To a point, yes. He enjoys spending time with me at the very least. He likes being able to swing the maul and bust something open. He’s taking an...
That’s a nice resource to have. I only live on a postage stamp sized lot and already took most of the problematic trees down. Scrounging is fun,...
He did on the first trip anyway. The sun was beating on us hard this morning and by the time we loaded up to leave, we were both lightheaded and...
There’s no shortage of forest here either, but finding free stuff and beating others to it is very hit or miss. In some places the hoarders swoop...
The post-grilling slump got the best of me and I went and got another load of what was on top. [ATTACH] Shortly after I left, the homeowner...
Oak mountain is quickly growing now :D [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Another Facebook Marketplace red/white oak score. This one was just under 15 minutes from home, luckily. Some decent logs piled up, the only...
I think ~ 40 years for these AV mounts on grandpa’s old 61 is a good run. I went to start it this evening and the rear mounts sheared apart. Got...
Another load brought home this afternoon. There’s another 3/4 load left up north for me to grab, but I *might* cut one more this upcoming week....
You guys have me second guessing my 2 cycle oil hoarding strategy... Maye 10+ years ahead is counterproductive :confused:
Thanks for sharing that. I know silver and red also hybridize in the wild too.
I've heard of it but it's more of a midwestern tree as I understand it. IIRC some people consider it a subspecies of sugar maple. I wouldn't doubt...
I've never found one in the woods around here, only on the riverbanks where the soil is sandy and they get lots of sun. They're a floodplain tree....
That is what some call a mountain laurel hell. Beautiful to walk through in late May-early June when in bloom.