Can only burn so much pine/spruce in one season. I started with 2 holzhausens of the stuff and am down to half of one left, thankfully.
That would be a hard pass for me too. I STILL have spruce from 2020 that hasn't been burned yet. Maybe this February-March during maple season.
I like your style. Very reminiscent of several past scrounges of mine :thumbs: Nice that you had a friendly LEO encounter which has pretty much...
For firewood purposes I think they’re probably the same. I’m probably biased towards seeing white walnut because I just used some that I milled...
Any chance that’s white walnut (butternut?) Wood has the hollow pith like black walnut but the bark and grain color looks off.
It's definitely NOT my thing either. I know just enough to be dangerous :) That plastic cylinder looks like the fuse cases I've seen on some bikes...
[ATTACH]
That's good she got out early. Pinellas county FL is almost completely flat, like a frying pan. Other than highway overpasses there isn't too much...
:whistle: [ATTACH]
I used to live in St Petersburg, and stuff like this further cements it in my mind that leaving was a good choice. I definitely don’t mind being...
X2 brittle, like splitting a toilet bowl would be :) I burned the stuff I got after 2 years and it was thoroughly dry. Overall burn quality was...
It was in the 40s this morning when I woke up and finally feeling like fall. I made 2 loaves of pumpkin bread with the last of 2023’s leftover...
Thanks for sharing! Very impressive tree. I know there are many isolated trees planted years ago outside the native range, that so far have...
You’re a thinking man, Bill :) Did you ever wonder if they created the captain obvious character with the likeness of Jordan Peterson so that...
Aldi was packed earlier today, more than usual even for a Thursday. [ATTACH]
Most trees didn’t produce a lot this year, but I still managed to get a few black walnuts: [ATTACH]
Why the BS media constantly bombards us with nonstop Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce fluff and downplays the tragedy that happened over the weekend in...
I was just texting a former coworker that works in Asheville NC but lives just over the border in South Carolina. They lost all the large trees at...
Bushnell Park? Those are horse chestnuts, but pretty trees regardless :yes: The nuts are supposedly inedible (poisonous) I’ll have to check it...
I've got a soft spot for Native Americans. Sounds like it was a good "meeting after the meeting". That's great you were able to procure and sell...