I start out by peeling the shells off white oak acorns, then getting as much of the brown "paper" skin off the nut meat as possible. Then I leach...
Witch hazel in bloom: [ATTACH]
Hahaha in my defense, when there’s no thrill of the chase, there’s no thrill at all :D Kind of like the huge BL score one minute from my house...
34 at the moment and I’m seeing patches of frost outside. Burning HHO now, but it won’t be long before I have my first fire of the season. Just...
Oh it'll get moved alright :) The last I talked to my neighbor about it, he was fine with me taking all of whatever is left. Heck, of the cord and...
Thread bump! After 3 1/2 years of disregarding all the red oak laying just over my property line, opting instead to bring home countless loads...
Great score, weather, scenery, and having your boys along to help is pretty awesome too :thumbs:
[ATTACH]
It's humbling to think of what went into making all this happen. A few short years ago I did some freelance subcontractor CNC programming work for...
[IMG]
And yet another attempt was made today. Thanks SkyNews (Australia) for covering events in America.
I live in a fairly mild climate but having plenty of wood on hand is a huge peace of mind for me. If I lived in the upper Midwest I’d probably...
Still stocking up. 7 gallons of bar oil on the shelf, plus another gallon in the milk crate I take cutting with me. That’s the most I’ve ever had...
Sycamore.
Most of it, yes. There's a few (small) rolling hills in horse farm country in the Gainesville vicinity.
Thanks.
I'm afraid I don't understand your reference...
My wife took these from our house tonight. I wish I was at home to see it [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Bummer about the rack. I’m sure it’s a good feeling to be back out there taking care of things though, especially this time of year.
I may do another chipdrop next year (specifying NO pine!) Non-knotty pine does make nice kindling