The domestic water is from a Toyotomi oil miser, which is an on demand water heater. The baseboard heat comes from a Well McLain boiler. I had a...
If you guys are serious about a get together, let me know and I’ll organize it. I have 21 acres with plenty of parking. It’d be cool to meet...
The house was built in 93’. I bought it in 2011. Finished the upstairs with open cell spray foam in walls and roofline. Existing 1st floor has R13...
Seems every year I have just enough wood for that year. Problem is it’s only usually about 12 months seasoned. I know 2-3 year seasoned would be...
I try to make the most out of each trip to and from the woodshed as it’s about 200 feet from the house and from the processing area. Some parts of...
Definitely an option on the buggy. I’m sure it is on the larger models as well. If I split commercially, I think I’d get the dual head model with...
Really imagine it!!! Seeing a 1200 lb log rolling back coming straight for your face from 6-8 ft in the air. Talk about a chit your pants moment!
Not my kindling ✌️
Greg, Another thought. In MA, we have Chapter 61 which is a classification of your land by the assessor as forestry. It usually entails having a...
Every box was full of cut up kindling :eek: [IMG] Unless its warm, I only restart the stove a few times a season. This kindling would be a...
Walt, It wasn't meant as an insult. If anything a compliment. Just reminded me a lot of the Powersplit splitters is all. No hard feelings. Here...
No worries Dennis, The reason I said slower is that most fast cycle commercial splitters are horizontal only. Timberwolf, Wolfe Ridge,...
My guess is hydraulic fluid, as its right under some hydraulic fittings. At least its not red.
Definitely wasn't fake! [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] I saw these on another forum. It was stated that it was a Dr. Pepper can, not beer. Thankfully the...
Remember, Its not going to change a lot year to year. But a 1/4-1/2 degree average difference/year over the course of 20 years, 50 years, etc...
:thumbs: [IMG] [IMG]
I'm not a big fan of tarps in general. *The woven poly tarps aren't waterproof. Only water resistant in my experiences. The blue cheap ones rip...
I agree, I'd noodle them. Some people have small saws and may get large rounds for free. My father has a vertical/horizontal splitter and I'm not...
A: You have to bend over more, which can irritate lower backs. Sitting on a round is ok, but when you go to grab the next round to split you're...
Weather has absolutely changed. We get much more intense storms year round, including tornadoes or at least tornado threats what seems like yearly...