TSC sells a lot of junk. We recently got a Runnings nearby and there is a lot more variety of inventory as well as better quality items.
The 40 ton model from TSC with a 9.5 second cycle time looks pretty nice
A lot of the problem is parents. We all blame the kids, but you can instill work ethics and skills in a kid. A lot of parents want to be buddies...
If only I had a dollar for every time my wife said “What’s wrong with you!”
I see your point, however no one saw is going to do all cutting chores great. A good limber won’t be a good big log bucker or noodler and vise...
I’m often amazed how many simple things people hire out. Mowing the lawn, plowing the driveway, having their house cleaned, simple drain...
Timberwolf makes great products. The TW-2 is on the lower end of their product scale and is mainly designed towards homeowners. They are still...
You know what else keeps wood warm?
Just like they ruined gasoline with ethanol, they are ruining heating oil with biofuel. I'm all for "better for the environment", but the products...
I've inspected a lot of wood stoves, pellet stoves, inserts, etc as part of my job. Even though we tell them not to operate them until the permit...
Is this your only saw? If so, I'd be looking to get into a 70-80cc saw for a 2 saw plan. A 50cc and a 70-80cc saw is the perfect combo so you...
Interesting article. Some of it sounds like BS though. No way putting insulation on your walls of a below grade basement on all 4 sides will...
Getting IBC totes and wrapping them in shrink wrap, stored in a sunny open spot seems like it would work pretty good.
Nothing wrong with veering away from big name brands. I've somewhat made a unintentional habit of it. Everyone raves about Deere tractors. Most of...
Has anyone here made a solar kiln to dry firewood? Did it work?
Thanks for the offer, Mendon is about 35 miles from me.
Another option is that I can place 2" rigid insulation on the inside of the foundation walls.
The stove I use is a 1980's Thermo control water stove. Meaning it has the ability to heat your water with a SS coil loop inside the stove. I had...
This makes me feel a lot better about my plan. 5 gallons a day is a lot better than the 12 gallons I was thinking of. Using 20 gallons in 4 days...
Just wondering if anyone is central MA can give prices they paid or know of for log length delivered to their house. Prices I'm seeing are in the...