In the winter up here I run full synthetic motor oil if I'm going to be leaving my saw in the cold. And , I keep my regular bar oil in the house ,...
Imho, the first thing Anyone needs to do with a new saw is make sure it has a floating rim , clutch drum and sprocket on it. Just amazing how much...
Yup. There'san encyclopedia of knowledge that works out in what , power head wood diameter , bar length, chain type and wood condition equates to...
Chain speed and cutting speed. . One reason I like full and semi skip is to keep the chain speed up. Within a reason the more chain speed a guy...
Good thread. ! I disagree on the semi skip and full skip. The fewer cutters the more power to the cutters that are there. As a general rule I...
Oh ya , we get up in the 90s in the summer sometimes. Normally I would have started wearing them a few weeks earlier but where I work now I wear...
Yup, started having small morning fires about a month ago. Stove has been going steady for the past 3 days. Yesterday was my official first long...
That would work great. Thank you. ! One other thing it would do is give room to put wheel barrow wheels and tires on it. I know this was built...
The red cedar in the above pic I fell in Tolstoy Bay 96? 98 ? That's my 3120 Husky W 42" Oregon 63 ga. Running Oregon 75 CKX Fur a Pro semi skip...
[MEDIA]
When I got home from work today . I put one of my platform boxes down and put the splitter on it. It really did help a lot. I'm actually very...
At the moment I have a 16" bar on my 460 Stihl.. However , I'm in the Interior now. And just cut small silver poplar for my own firewood. If I...
Maybe this will work . Glen Urquhart If ya go to my photos , there are a bunch there. Sorry I'm not better with the pic thing.
Didn't expect that . huh , lemme try again . 99988194&source=56&ref=bookmarks Nope. That didn't work.
Lemme see if this works. [MEDIA] There are some there. Got a Bunch on photo bucket. But it's photo bucket. However , I can post a link there too
Awesome thread !! I just came home with a Timber Champ 7 ton baby splitter today. Couldn't find much for splitters in town this time . 1 week...
I don't go as much by the cutters being ground or filed away. For when a chain is toast. As I do the condition of the drivers. If the drivers are...
I had a post all written up , got a call and didn't get it posted .
Thanks for the welcome ! So many people think a bar will last forever. I've found that it takes at least 3 , 36" bars to make it thru a roll of...
Hello everyone. I'm new here so I thot I would start a thread on a subject that is near and dear to me. A little introduction about myself. I...