I tried the "other brands" Had a few good Jonsreds which last I knew were made in the same factory as Husky. When it's all said and done...
Flippy caps ; I really like Stihl's fuel and oil caps. They are the most trouble free caps They have ever had , once a guy learns how they work.
I'm not sure you can . besides , why mess up a good 051. 075s had Lots of snort and were truly great saws. But so were the 051AV . The 051 would...
They both are great or the greatest. It is more an individual size category thing. I've never liked how Stihl sets up their pro saws handle bars...
I've logged with jitter bugs ( converted farm trucks) , farm tractors ,Duce an halfs, line ( cable ) skidders , rubber tired , FMC tracked line...
I see that Dr has a 10 ton electric kinetic DR RapidFire Flywheel Log Splitter For a pretty good price. But. And this is pretty important imo....
Still I don't disagree that semi chisel is the best chain for new cutters.
Yup. For Northern Southeast Alaska I run Stihl 3/8 , 063 ga. Semi skip chisel ground chisel bit for falling timber . There's only 1 maybe 2 fairly...
Growing up in Maine I can heartily agree with all the elm votes. BTDT !! I kinda sadly smiled reading the comments about guy burying 2 good steel...
What Is That. If I found trees like that where I lived , I would move far away. That's Horrible !
For the average guy or girl maybe. But , that somewhat broad window of how well a sharp chain cuts is imho the place most should attempt to attain...
I had my wife take a video of me splitting with it. I need to figure out how to upload and post it . Some may not like having the safety off . But...
So far I'm really liking mine . I've split around 90 cu ft so far with mine. Very impressed considering how small and quiet it is. . I did get...
What a blast from the past . Wow. I generally run all my saws around 45 to 1 with the modern full synthetic oil. Those should be fine.
[ATTACH] I've run 3 gal of saw gas thru my 394s a few times bushlin but try to avoid it most days were 2.5 gal for 6 1/2 hours trigger time. Now...
24°F here an hour ago. Got my first row split and stacked in the outer shed today using the Timber Champ.
In 83 I heated with a Solar Key. Looked very similar to that one. It had a reburner set of plates in it. It was a great stove. Was real heavy and...
I used to buy Chevron RPM bar oil in the 55 gallon barrel for around $112. And rock drill oil was even tackier and it was less than $100 a barrel....
I haven't seen any increase in wear between bar oil in the summer and full synthetic like Aero Shell. However, with full synthetic my chain is...