Happy Birthday Duvekot !! Do you live far enough north that you have to deal with permafrost where you live ? Beautiful stack of wood by the way...
I don't have a lot of use for a maul. Most all they do is wear ya out. A power saw on the other hand is just cutting. Not that much work.
8N That's a pretty big dozer . If u have an 8N , splitting won't be a problem just stand a couple rounds under the cutting edge and lower the blade.
You may be surprised how well they will split if you take your powersaw and cut even just a bars depth into the butt end of the log. A sharp...
Yes it does. By the time I get off work I have very little energy to work on my firewood .
I didn't check my spelling . Should read , Can't afford to have to close my stove all the way at 30 below. I guess I'm a timber beast , not a typist.
Looks like you would have a great opportunity to shingle weave the top couple 3 rows. Build up the center stack with splits perpendicular to the...
Another option is a corded chainsaw. As you will already have a cord for your splitter . and many electric saws are light weight.
Sometimes it takes multiple hits of the ram to split a tough piece. However. If you buck your wood from log lengths, the best way to get thru a...
I've spent the bulk of my adult life in Whites, Wesco, Buffalo, HiLine, Currins, and Viberg. When I wasn't wearing a high quality pair of corks (...
Not saying it doesn't bother me. It does. But the social ( Big Brother ) aspect bothers me more. And as I type this our golden retriever and...
Don't ever go to an Eskimo village if that pic bothers you !!
If your stove is an air tight stove. It will only draw as much as you let it by opening the draft. When a wind event is happening , either the...
Lifting tongs work Great on the bucket of a backhoe. Shackle them to the lifting eye with a short section of chain so that they hang just the...
Took us a while to get it all communicated out also. Lots of show and tell. The big learning lesson for my wife came from it being Cold , 40 below...
Just found this sight Wind Directional Chimney Caps - Steel Rotating Wind Blocking Caps Looks like this is just the ticket.
I have a problem with strong winds back drafting into our cabin( home) . A friend who comes from the Oregon coast told me about a swivel chimney...
- 10F this morning
[ATTACH] Minus 8°F when I checked a half hour ago. Not even close to the forecast. Filled the stove for the night with poplar. Its been a great 3...
Some friends got a hold of me to do a tree job at their sons new property . [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Leans pretty hard over the house . . I'm...