To all of you in the path of the oncoming storms; My the Force be with you!
Looks like a real good day all the way around. :dex:
I got my 461 back from the dealer after the recall repair. First thing was the mechanic went outside with it, and me, to fire it up and show me...
4X4, firewood, chainsaws, a girl and a dog! America is a great place!:usa: Nice work Mr & Mrs. T. D. :salute: You're a lucky man, my wife...
I dig a couple of inches deep around the stump I intend to remove and dump a 20# bag of charcoal over it and light it. When the charcoal gets...
There ain't an ash tree east of the the Big Muddy going to survive because of the EAB. You may as well cut it down with that much damage it will...
Like I've said before; my wife is a school teacher and she's off on weekends....nuff said! :cool:
Yep, the ash will be ready but I'm not so sure on the hack. The last I cut was not ready in a year, after 2 it was good to go but it didn't get...
Ash and hackberry may be what you cut but the picture is neither.:tears:
That's true but the dead ash, or should I say, the open space created by removing the dead ash, has given the honeysuckle and olive an easy area...
Since you say it's a nice addition for next year, I'll say cherry as well. I can't think what else that resembles your picture would be ready by...
I'm in an all out war with both. With all the ash dying off honeysuckle and olive are taking over. They spread like wildfire and block out...
I would have said Autumn Olive as well but Autumn Olive does not produce yellow flowers. So I'll just :binoculars: and :popcorn:
Yeah, me too. The way that scraggly tree is gowing reminds of redbut but redbud has no thorns. Hawthorn is an interezting idea but I can't say...
Oh yeah, that's the nasty blighter! But those spikes knock right off making it easy to cut and handle. I wish I had a mill I'd love to make some...
:binoculars::popcorn:
:woodsign: :rofl: :lol:
Could be one of the hybird honey locust developed for landscaping such as sunburst locust. The hybrids don't usually have thorns or seed pods....
Maple for sure, but also for sure not silver maple.
I'd be more concerned about subterranean creepy crawlers getting into the wood.