Ever sell cedar bundles? Ive had some cedar rounds in the way at the wood yard for too long now. Decided to split them up and sell for solo...
Need more locust...just sayin' :woodsign: Its amazing how fast you can zip through the right sized logs and I can't blame you for buying those...
Great to hear from you Dave. Glad to hear all is well. Miss you too. Maybe MikeInMa can have another GTG and you can split that elm for him?...
Had a guy drive 45 minutes for ten bundles of hickory and ten bundles of cherry. He was very pleased as was I. He was telling me that he smokes...
Its okay Joe, you're among friends! :D At least its done and over with...for now. Go hit the Goldilocks pile and you'll feel better. The new...
Split about 3/4 of it yesterday. Have an almost empty rack ready to go.[ATTACH]
What will become of the catalpa? SS wood? Mix with bundle wood? Mill fodder? Ive thought of using the bags for nuggets or for rounds cut...
Did you mill mostly hardwoods?
Gotta be the FHC score of the year there. Way to keep after it.
Thats the FHC spirit! :salute: Nice grab WP! :thumbs:
The go getter, ambitious, hard work ethic trumps our common sense at times. Ask me how I know.
I would've come back with a saw. My back would've been hurting like yours trying to load those. Back pain and making firewooding kinda go hand...
I forgot you take the uglies/nuggets for personal use.
Good luck on the big stuff. Doesn't look too bad. On that knotty oak log, will you trim the knot nubs flush? I almost always do for better...
spiral nail
Ive seen thorns like that inside logs. Apple is one that comes to mind. I've seen little thornlike bunps under tulip poplar bark.
Doesnt get much easier than that. Nice grab. You sure you wanna keep the BL? :whistle:
Not usually much wood in those. Brittle trees that break easily. Weird splitting too. More or less chips rather than splits. Good on you for...
Ive seen birds do the same at our suet feeder which is currently down for the season. Saw a pileated while at a friends the other day. Pecking...
Thats a good point and is usually true. I got an MS250 from my friend when he was cleaning out an estate. It was in a shed and covered with...