At first I was wondering how a bar could become completely spanked in only 2 years, but yeah at that kind of volume I can definitely see it...
38/70 white oak and one scrap slab cutoff of mulberry. I wasn’t planning on burning white oak in April, but it was in the way and had to be moved....
Pretty awesome seeing it in one long locomotive train row. That last picture is calendar worthy too :thumbs:
I’ve been on a serious splitting kick the last couple days trying to get my yard to be less of a disaster. These piles are temporary until I can...
I’m hoping so, but it all hinges on how motivated the other hoarders are. I guess several trailer loads have already been hauled off. With any...
I’m running out of space as it is anyway, so as nice as this is (and close to home, less than 10 minutes) it doesn’t really pain me that I won’t...
A coworker’s father had some trees taken down this past week and wants all the wood to disappear. One huge red oak, a huge white oak, a large...
38/70 starting the day off with aspen and red oak uglies.
My wife texted me an hour ago saying she felt an aftershock. I didn't feel that either so I'm feeling cheated all over again :picard:
Thanks, it belonged to my late grandfather. I actually just ordered a new scabbard for it which should be in next week. I believe this one is...
I processed some this morning that was white all the way through, but I've had plenty that was dark in the center, like this: [IMG]
Yes, but when it's been on the ground for a while like that it gets a mildly sweet fermented kind of smell.
Black birch
* Uneasy laughter * [ATTACH]
Come to think of it, there was a smaller earthquake in southeast CT a few days ago. Then a couple weeks ago there was another one in central CT. I...
So of course this morning when the earthquake hit here in Connecticut, I was running my wood splitter and didn't notice a thing. Engine running,...
I'm a huge fan of trees already on the ground (95% of my firewood supply was acquired this way) With all of the dead trees around here something...
Glad you got a kick out of it :) I'm big into forest forensics in my area too. I love finding old homesites, abandoned civilization, wolf trees,...
Yeah absolutely, I've watched all of Tom Wessels' videos on the New England Forests YouTube channel, many of them 2-3 times. There's so much good...
Another small jag of sassafras this afternoon, bark mostly rotted off, with some very solid dead ash skinnies and a couple random lengths of young...