That’s the consensus from the acronym agencies of government anyway. That aside, it does make decent firewood and many people burn it to no ill...
Cash burns into June then starts talking about the fall shoulder season in late July. :smoke:Real pretty landscape!
Bet your boots I already grabbed what little I could fit in between the white oak quarters. :whistle: Tomorrow will be a full load of sassy if...
I really hope this is still here tomorrow. My truck is loaded heavy with white oak right now, otherwise I would’ve gone to town on this stuff....
Went back for another load just now. 3 rounds of red oak up front then the rest of the load is all noodled quarters of white oak. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
32 outside and burning up more red oak chunk wood and splitter trash.
We’re back down into the high 30s here, so I’m burning red oak chunks again. Morning fires all week: [ATTACH]
All the invasive Norway maples are greening up quickly. Yellow forsythia everywhere, Japanese barberry and autumn olive are both leafing out. The...
Nice work. $80 for a load of rounds isn't bad either! You got to do the fun part while your customer has to do all the rest.
I'm winding down for the season after hitting it relatively hard for the last 6 months straight. I can't go shot for shot all year round with the...
Plenty more TP there if you feel like taking a ride up to Bristol ;) I really can't justify taking more TP right now. Actually that load I got a...
A pretty proper load of red oak today: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
43/70 burning up some red oak chunks this morning: [ATTACH]
Welcome to the forum. That is honey locust, which makes excellent firewood.
Are you on the road yet? The Mass Pike can't be much fun on a Thursday evening :whistle:
Yesterday I snagged a few rounds of reasonably solid dead ash. It’s in the mid 40s and raining here, which isn’t exactly splitting weather. I’m...
42 and raining. Since it won’t get out of the 40s at all today, I lit the stove back up with some aspen and one small piece of white oak.
Haha I believe that 100%. :salute: There really is plenty of nice tulip poplar at this score. The base of the tree was about 30” diameter. If I...
Yeah, yeah... it's been about 4 years since I got any significant amount of the stuff so it was calling me today. The next load (or two) will be...
That very well may be my last resort. :) I did some rearranging today and freed up a little more room. I have this pipe dream of leaving open...