I enjoy the thrill of the chase when it comes to scrounging, but it must also be nice to have a tree guy leave you log lengths right in your...
I'm calling it done for the season. I have no qualms about burning when low temps are in the mid 40s, but not when daytime highs are in the 60s....
I briefly spotted this handsome fella this morning. He moved right as I was taking the picture, then promptly took off. [ATTACH]
Looks almost like a fellerbuncher (bunchafellers) :whistle: Or a chain with rakers that are stupid low.
No damage and propped up off the ground for easier cutting :yes:
I've eaten tiny slivers of the peppers before, but no I don't snack on them. They have a fruity taste for about one second before turning into...
Heartwood only, heh? Might as well get the best of the best if you’re finally taking oak again :D
My 9 year old heard they were doing the NFL draft this week. He came up to me this morning really concerned. “I hope you don’t get drafted for the...
Was that sarcasm or sincere? Not that I'm going to open that can of worms; I'm just curious.
Steely Dan's got nothing on these guys in the upbeat music with dark lyrics category. [MEDIA]
Freeze warning overnight tonight so tomorrow morning I'll definitely be burning again. I'm seeing some lows in the 40s in the extended forecast so...
32/70 burning up chunks of hickory, sugar maple and ash.
Maybe 10-12" at the base and full of metal wire to boot. The trunks forked into a plethora of branches at about 5' off the ground as well. That...
Agreed, one is enough. :) With all the large straight-grained oaks in the world at your disposal, it doesn't make much sense to chase gnarly...
This really turned out to be a good learning experience. In recent months I’ve become a bit of a chain hoarder. With this disastrous chain storage...
Don't want to dice one up for old time's sake? ;)
Something weird happened today with the FHC server (I presume), and many threads/replies from last night through early afternoon today were lost....
Must've been cannibals eating the server.
What’s with this site? From my end it seems like I’m looking at an archived version of everything. Lots of data lost. PMs too. Anyone else notice...
[ATTACH]