I know that the wood should be seasoned to 20% or less. I just bought a meter. What I had in the house yesterday read between 17 and 20.+. with...
Grandson wants to make some money. I will have to beat down the briars, or have him do it, and bring them up here for cutting. My grandson is not...
I have a pile of black locust split fence posts that I had bought 15 years ago and never used. The post have been stacked log cabin style since I...
Too Much! Close to a cord and it hasn't been real cold. I brought about 2 cords up to the house and figured it would get me through the season...
I put one of the Predator engines on it. The install went pretty good. The only problem was the new engine's shaft was longer. I had to get longer...
Thanks for the link. Very helpful. I noticed that you have a Buck Stove. My new stove is a Buck FS21. A POS as far as heat output. The ratings...
How are the square foot capacity of stove rating figured? Is there an industrial or government standard or just an arbitrary number the...
I was reading Gary_602z's posting on the Predator engine replacement. 100 bucks 20 minutes and 2 pulls! I went to Harbor Freight today. On the...
Thanks for the ideas. I just didn't feel comfortable just cutting down through the pile and thought I would ask some people with more experience....
My new stove likes to be loaded N/S. That would require 11" wood length. All my wood is cut to 16". I was thinking about just taking the saw and...
I had a stack of previous years wood that was to long for the stove. I was dreading shortening it up with my gas saw. I borrowed my son's electric...
Will wood that is not cured hurt EPA stoves. What I am working on is wood that was cut & chunked in 2015. It was brought in on a dump truck last...
Thanks for the video. I will study their racks, only on a much much smaller biases. My machine would stall out upon approaching one of their racks.
Lovely stack. I am envious.
I finished moving this years supply up towards the house today. I still have a few small stacks of previous years left overs to move. Thought I...
That is what I needed. Didn't like the chart as far as the capacity of my machine.. At least I have an idea now as far as weight goes. I can split...
Weight of firewood? I know it will depend on dryness and type, but is there a general rule of thumb? Maybe a wacky idea, but here goes. I have a...
I am not that good of stacker and have had to re-stack several times the past years. Two of my grandsons came over today and moved at least 3...
Thanks HDRock for the videos. We got rained out today, but did manage to bring 3 truck loads of wood up to the house. I will spend the day...
It depends if I am drinking for quality or quantity. The normal house beer is Old Milwaukee. Cheap. As far as quality, lately it has been Alaskan...