Thanks Dave. Sand based is the conventional wisdom around here. Just wasn't sure with the irregular shape. Stay warm My sister from Anchorage...
Dave: Did you lay the 6 sided stone directly on the ground or a sand bed? Building a fire pit area is on my to do list. Thanks all. I have burnt...
Distance would be with in 50 yards and I will be using a .17HMR Thanks all. Just didn't know weather and time of day to hunt. There seems to be no...
I will be using my 7wt on the pike and 4wt Bamboo on the perch. I will also bring along my 5wt graphite in case someone else in our party would...
I have several groundhogs that I have to eliminate around here. Only seem to see them when I don't have the rifle with me. Any suggestions of time...
I seriously took up fly 2 years ago and love it. I spent 3 weeks in Alaska in Aug. Caught, caught and caught. Kind of spoiled me. I will be going...
I know a lot depends on the species of wood and drying time but is there a rule of thumb weight per square foot of 2 year old fire wood? The plan...
That is were they are going at the present, but they are getting ahead of me. Gave some to my Wood Fairy for his camper last year.
besides use them to weight down the covering to your stack? Ideas please. I am starting to get get a big stack of uglies. (Crouch wood that...
I am in the Maple camp. Bark is not Cherry. My experience with elm, unless Slippery Elm is different, it is stringy when split. Looks like you...
Visiting Alaska. Can I come too? I love the place. Spent 3 weeks last Aug in Alaska. Probably 9th or 10th trip.
Awe I forgot about going fishing. That will definitely happen. Count my money. Wait a minute, that will only take 30 seconds one day.:D
Once I get through the logs amd rounds I have cut up it will be maintenance time. Both the skid steer and splitter are screaming for some TLC.
I just went out and looked and there is no EAB tracks at all where the bark use to be. Red elm? Does it split like American Elm? This split pretty...
Can't do. There was no bark at all on the logs when I received them.
I hope it is shag bark. It will be my highest BTU wood and will be stacked in the barn with the honey locus and red oak. We will see what the...
I was told this is Ash, but it is redder than other Ash I have had and the grain of some of the splits sort of looks like Oak. Options. Sorry no...
Nice problem to have. Looks like my place after the wood fairy has delivered.
There was a direct shot from the firebox up the flue. On the older Buck FS-21 stoves there is a space between the firebox and the flue exit. There...
Been there for the last month. The new stove was messed up when it was installed and I went through 3/4th of 2016-2017 supply before I called the...