Woke up to rain this morning and took the dogs outside. Felt a little chilly. 53! Almost cold enough to light the stove, but I told FHC weeks ago...
+1 acer saccharum
A humble native mapleleaf viburnum in bloom. I collected a bunch of berries back in the fall from various places and tossed them along the edges...
I was bringing a load of brush to the dump this morning and passed a tree removal. On my way back home, I pulled into the parking lot to...
I’m a Stanley Kubrick fan but surprisingly never connected the dots until recently. I learned a few new words that were vaguely familiar to me...
I’ll find out soon enough o_O
I picked up this 372XP a couple weeks ago for $450. It came with four 24” bars and chains. The muffler was dented and it ran a little off, but it...
You are the Dixie hickory king! :thumbs:
Fill them with water, throw several bullheads in there, and shoot them one by one? Set them up in a sand pit, top them off with tannerite and see...
I always use caution re-tensioning warm chains. Constant readjustment of warm chains will stretch them in short order. As a chain heats up, the...
This entire property up until recently was the western Connecticut DEEP headquarters (Department of energy and environmental protection). It was a...
Horse chestnut in bloom with blooming rhododendron in the background: [ATTACH]
Guys like him are the reason insurance companies came into being. :)
Easing into the weekend [MEDIA]
I burned a little Iowa-bred hedge a couple times, mixed loads of course. Once mixed with black locust! The stove is still sound and the house is...
[ATTACH]
A real shame to see a piece of family history torn down. But, being that it's only from the 1950s and not an ancient barn built from old growth...
That will look fantastic once framed and hung. Come to think of it, lots of writers were/are a little "touched" Hemmingway, London, Kerouac,...
I noticed a patch of yellow flowers in the woods behind the house recently. Further investigation led me to identify them as greater celandine, an...
That’s an oddball for sure. What’s the DBH? I saw in a database that there’s one planted in SE Connecticut, but it looks to be shrub-sized.