As far as home pages go, the weather channel works. Or even better a blank page at duck duck go. It makes no difference if you’re consuming CNN,...
The 241 banter may be over, but there’s still the banter about only running Stihls and a deep-seated aversion to ported saws :whistle: Speaking...
You stole that saw o_O Congratulations :thumbs:
[ATTACH]
I tried that 2 years ago with several hedge balls, and I kid you not the squirrels dug up every single seed :hair: Not even maple seeds are safe...
Huge is an understatement :eek: I’m kind of surprised that the center is so solid too. Nice grab and that you helped out a customer in need.
A case of the cover being better than the original [MEDIA]
The medullary rays on the end grain are typical of oak. It looks like red oak to me.
Thanks for sharing this letter; I'd never read that before. No doubt my grandfather read this before boarding a C-47 that day. Powerful stuff...
White and black won't hybridize because they're in different families. White is in the white group, black oak is in the red oak family. The only...
I have to credit FHC for probably half of what little skills I have in identifying trees. Any time someone posted a wood ID, I'd really study the...
I try to split it right away after cutting it. Splitting seems to get more difficult if the rounds sit for a while IME. Not a huge deal with...
I found this young white pine growing in the shade on the edge of a sandpit a couple years back. I dug it up and moved it here. Up until this past...
Chipmunks are out of control here this year too. I wonder if it’s because last year was a mast year for the white oaks/walnuts/cherries? That and...
The one Osage that didn’t get eaten isn’t doing well at all. I have a few more seeds that I’ll probably try planting this week in a caged pot. If...
A little update today. One year old black walnut that’s taking off fast: [ATTACH] 2 year old swamp white oak that got chomped to the ground on...
Great firearms with a rich history to them. That’s such a huge honor for your brother in laws to bestow upon you :yes:
I’m pretty good about blasting the underside of my deck off with the hose after every use, but I’m sure it’s worth it in the long run to go the...
Looks like Devil's walking stick. There's a bunch growing at my work.
Strawberries are just starting to come in: [ATTACH]