Come to think of it, I think the deciding factor will be if there's the same number of teeth on the sprocket on the Stihl vs. Husky. Best case...
0.050"
I've decided to start running 0.375 chain on my ported 029 super so that I can more or less standardize my chain hoard. A major wrench thrown into...
OP is pretty far outside the native range of chestnut oak. I think you’re on the right track with white oak family anyway. It might be a bur oak.
All I had were my two Echoes when I joined up in 2020. I still have those plus 2 Stihls and 2 Huskies. I had a top handle that I gifted to another...
A wood fire driving a steam engine that is turning an AC compressor should do it, but I’m no HVAC guy :D
Last fall I chopped all the canes to these black raspberry plants off at about 18” from ground level, following advice an old coworker gave me....
I have a verbal agreement with the neighbor to maintain a "buffer zone" of sorts between my kept lawn and his anarchist approach to yard...
No clue. I already had one heaping Colorado load I brought in last week too. Only about 3-4 feet :whistle:
I enjoy all the extra daylight and abundant sunshine this time of year. The 90+ degree temperatures get old, but that helps me appreciate the...
Do you know of any local machine shops that do metal spinning? I'm not sure what the cost would be for a one-off piece, but maybe not too bad?...
I’m glad this is over with… for now. I’m going to need a lot more down the road. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Similar concept to what I'm doing as far as adding nutrients to the soil and moisture retention I guess. What I'm doing now is composting on the...
That was exactly my intent where I'm putting the wood chips. Weed/invasive control in the short-term, soil amendment in the long-term. I'm hoping...
This had plenty of green material in it already (leaves) Actually the pile had already started composting sitting at the end of my driveway. As I...
Well this mulch is going to stick around for a while before it rots. It’s mostly black locust mixed with a little black cherry :wacky:The fresh...
As of today I started filling it. Late start to the season this year. I'm sure I'll be in and out of it every hour while moving the mulch.
Maybe my 12 year old can help once the heat breaks. I can't imagine my wife going along with the idea of putting them to hard labor with the heat...
I truly appreciate the offer, but I'm pretty well stocked up on kindling after everything I processed from fall to spring :handshake:
In a straight line distance with a wheelbarrow only about 50 feet. I'm not too keen on working that hard in this heat though, so I'll be using my...