Sump drain finely started flowing yesterday afternoon. It is not running much, but still had to check the basin and bail it out once a day since...
It will be awhile here. Usually it is mid to late March. However, I am getting the itch to prune some apple trees. Looking forward to that and...
That looks very nice. I can almost smell that wood and forest from here!
That takes a lot of practice and skill. A lot of face plants in that video. I have never had any practice shooting at running game with a rifle. I...
I think it is fun too. When I run out of it, I make it right at the hearth out of thin splits of poplar, birch or black ash using a hatchet...just...
That is interesting. I have never witnessed that here. Ou peak rut is Halloween through first three weeks of November, with several distinct...
39f here at 4:30AM. A little snow and wind predicted tonight into tomorrow, followed by -10f by Friday. I am not burning any of my wood now, but...
Hopefully it works well for a good long while!
Buddy got his dedicated ice saw set up and we tried it out today. 28" bar. It ran great! [ATTACH]
Some of today's action. [ATTACH] 660 with 28" bar. Ice is 20" [ATTACH] Spearfishing hole over 9' of water, ready for darkhouse to be placed...
Hopefully some strong coffee will help to get things moving and starting to feel better, and maybe some advil. I noticed around age 40 that odd...
Wife and I went to bed around 9, now up at 3:45. My problem is that I can't stay asleep if I wake up after at least 6 hours of sleep, sometimes...
I can tell she is a well loved sweet girl. She is well cared for which will help her heal quickly.
Interesting reading. I also used up some walnut oil a few years ago that my wife had bought and used for something. It seemed to work about as...
I love the coal stage of a good hardwood fire. My wife sees that there is no flame, says she is cold and requires me to load the stove. I hold off...
Maybe I missed it because I just found this thread, but does anyone else use olive oil? I have been using it after using my cast iron. I don't...
I learned from an indian friend how to set out rabbit snares. Actually it was for snowshoe hare. It consists of a wire loop suspended from a...
It was the coldest airmass here since 1996, but as far as I know there were no record lows were set here in MN. It is -1f now so the warm up is...
This cold snap is testing homes and cars in our area. Personally I noticed that our sump drain froze. Even though it not running much, it did...
I can relate to item # 4 in particular! It is good to have a wife that likes the fire, meaning they will support us acquiring all the items you...