In Indian country around here March is called Iskigamizigie-giizis, or "sugar bush moon." The tradition to make this staple food of the Ojibwa...
We hit 20f today with sun. I had to go up on the roof after work because our range vent was leaking water into the house from some of the melting...
27f currently. The snow just stopped with another 8" deposited here today. There are a few more rounds of snow predicted through the middle of...
That is a beautiful bird bear 1998. Maybe you have talked about it here before, but I can't help but notice that buck...wow, that is the deer of...
I would also add that I will not be driving off of plowed roads until we get some warm temps to drop the snow levels. It is getting hard on the...
I just got of the lake a few minutes ago after helping a friend get his spear shack off the lake ahead of this latest round of new snow. I have...
-2f now. 4-6" of snow on tap for tomorrow. Then warming to the 30s by Saturday, with a potentially bigger snowfall predicted for the weekend.
Wow. Your phone is taking some pretty good pictures I would say. Those are beautiful shots!
Yes it is state law in MN to mark the hole. It would be bad for someone to drop a wheel in an unmarked hole, or worse yet, someone walking by and...
We have turned a corner despite the impending snow. It started out cold this morning, in single digits, but calm. The moon and moonlight on the...
[ATTACH] Today's catch. Fish were running the whole time I was out from 7-10AM. Pike by spear. Bluegill, 1 perch, 2 LMB by angling in spear hole....
It was a little hairy getting the truck and trailer with spear shack turned in the deep snow to get back onto to a plowed ice road. I had to build...
After watching the weather forecast for the week, I decided to pull my spear shack off the lake today. With all the snow and drifting t is hard...
[ATTACH] This is the parking lot at work this past Friday. It is often into May before this is totally melted. Even though it was cold when the...
We just got home from the move. I am so relieved to have them settled in their home well before the baby is due. It is actually the home my...
My wife, sons and I are helping our daughter and son-in-law move into their first house today. They are expecting their first child (our first...
I think the White Bass is the state fish of Oklahoma.
11f here now with -7 windchill. We had a clipper system move through with .5" of snow and strong NW winds. Got the hearth a blazing with white...
Our neighbors are Hmong and travel to Devils Lake in North Dakota to load up on white bass in the spring. They give me some to eat every year....
I am tempted to get one sooner than later. In the meantime, if I was up there now I would get after it with the old Tundras!! Albeit with smaller...