This is true. Last year in particular I had more go to seed than usual. I noticed when planting them, many were soft at planting time. Out of 300...
We eat them at all stages, including green onion, smaller onions, and finally completely grown onions. For the storage onions, I wait until the...
Starting from seed is the best way to bigger and better onions for sure, but I don't start anything indoors and am so busy in the spring I just go...
By the way I should also add another tip I have found: You can add some not too thick whole dried or green longer branches to your pile. When...
Yes bones are whole, including whole fish and small game carcasses. The pile gets so hot that everything is pretty well broken down that ends up...
[MEDIA] Here is his latest compost video. Maybe some can relate that watching this is very relaxing, but not as fun as turning one's own pile. I...
It seems like many of us are "super-duper" gun collectors:thumbs:
My favorite Jerry Jeff Walker tune: [MEDIA]
I got to see Johnny Cash in concert at the Guthrie Theatre in Mpls right after he had recovered from his heart surgery. He was very personable...
She was still dropping at the house through sunrise, but probably bottomed out as we hit -14f. Now the sun has risen. Man, the air is clear. It...
I use all of our kitchen scraps, including eggs shells, coffee grounds, weeds, wood ash and bones from fish, deer, grouse, squirrel, rabbit,...
-13f now at 6:30 AM. High according National Weather service for Mpls airport is "near 1" with windchill approaching -30f today. The hearth will...
That is an impressive mine site. What is your background in mining? My family's history is in mining engineering in the development of the iron...
Thats a beauty Horkn. It is a great feeling getting a good truck that you know will be with you for many adventures and memories over the years.
I have burned through almost a cord here at home in the hearth that warms up our lower living area and about a cord at our cabin for this year's...
What were you mining there? That picture with all the infrastructure is quite a contrast to the surrounding vast wilderness.
That rich soil you have been making should be really good for onions. Hopefully you can share some pictures of your garden's progress. I planted...
Erik B. Yes, but even 20" is a good amount many years. Our daughter and son-in-law just bought their first home in Crystal...nice communities...
That looks like fun compared to shoveling more snow! You are over a month ahead of us here in central and northern MN. I usually have my...