When you cut it, split from the fresh cut end and it should split easier. Seems checked ends are harder to split from IME.
Do you think that's green ash?
Thanks. I have him and another customer who like some oak. The other guy likes a cord per year but i have none dry enough for him this upcoming...
I forgot all about it!:emb:
Load of red oak heartwood splits. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Stacked in my friends shed.[ATTACH]
The former owner had that log deck that was for the taking back in 2019 as the property was being sold. Funny you posted that as I was BSing with...
Dang that's an old thread. Yes same property, but different owners. Former owner was an excavating/concrete contractor. He has since passed.
Hit the yard this afternoon. Split the rest of the HL and loaded. I found an area to stack the it for now in the bundle wood shed. One more HL...
Id say green ash as well. Before reading Erics reply. It is stringier than white ash IME. Not sure if green has the center pith or not. Either...
Ya know if it wasn't painted red I'd think it was mine. Looks like its a Ford too. Even the wood looks like a buZZsaw load.
Curiosity got the best of this geography nerd and I see there's a TSC in Wolcott
Spose i could pick some up for you. I could check the expiration date!!! :whistle: Weird the price discrepancy being that close. The...
SPlit what BL rounds were left this afternoon and moved across the street. (fresh cut ends) Temporary stacked for now and will fill in the stack...
Ill have to check my local one out. $4.99 is CHEEEEP and so am I! :emb: I have 7 gallons on hand but could always use more. More is better...
I delivered a half cord today loaded in the shade. Customer and I stacked in his shed in the shade. I split in full sun for 45 minutes and quit....
FHC black market! :whistle: JK! Im sure a FHC member has an extra they could send you.
Had a wood delivery that took me along the coast yesterday. Two nesting platforms recently erected and I noticed both were occupied. Not sure of...
Had contacted one of my regulars a while back who asked about buying in the off season. He texted and a load of two month old silver maple went...
Stacked yesterdays load this morning. Started moving the heartwood stack even though its not fully undercover. Have to put it somewhere![ATTACH]...
Nice load Tom. :thumbs: Is it bad to burn processed firewood in a stove? :D