That's a dandy
http://www.slowfoodusa.org/ark-item/shagbark-hickory-nut
Burned a few smaller rounds this afternoon.Dead branches covered with some dried fungus last spring that I didn't want to use in the smoker or...
I do the same - 4 strokes with a file every 3-4 sharpenings. Once in a while I go a little ''heavy'' by mistake.When cutting denser stuff it...
Ah where's your sense of adventure? :rofl: :lol:
That is awesome.The 10 acres on parents place is enough to keep me busy & in shape in my limited free time but would really like to buy the 10...
I was there for a few minutes yesterday morning.Worked OK,I posted for the first time in several weeks.It seems to be fine for a day or two then...
Use my cant hook & peavey quite a lot.The timberjack sits in parents garage,its almost 33 years old now & hasn't been used 20 years easily.
I may go back in a few days & see what's left.One big round was decent for half of it anyway.Most '' curbside firewood scroungers'' I've noticed...
Milling & will burn the scraps.
Just wanna say......already this place feels like a old comfy pair of boots & or beat up jeans - so relaxing & no one walking on eggshells.
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/zip/4120892628.html That big crotch piece was 22"+ at small end,30"+ at other one & 40" long...Needless to say...
Very nice.
I have a few pieces of 2" thick roughsawn Pacific Yew,longest one is about 6 feet.Dont know if any retailer still sells it,but I got these from...
The parsonage is some former Victorian mansion. Attached church building itself dates to mid-late '50's.They sit on roughly 5 acres total,just...
No luck finding any Shellbark nuts (not even any for sale) but I did score instead a lamb bratwurst w/ brown mustard,sweet relish & bottle of...
I use a combo of 220 grit diamond hone,mill bastard file & finer Wachita Arkansas natural stone for my various axes.Depending on their use.
Dad's 84th bday today,gonna stop by load them up & go south to Madison County,check out the leaves.Not that I didn't do that enough...
Pioneers also roasted chicory as a coffee bean substitute when the real thing was hard to get/too expensive.I've seen it in various health food &...
Oh cool it works. Another thing I'm curious about - Can I ignore myself or send myself a message? :drunk: