I'm surprised he's made it this long...
Heart looks like Black Cherry,bark looks different though
In colder weather or when handling rough items like splintery wood,broken concrete/glass or hot metal I use those cut resistant snug fitting...
No difference between the wild thorny ones & the thornless cultivars.Wood is same color,density,strength,burning quality etc.Bark is same,both...
tee hee :tree:
Its bad enough cutting a heavy leaner when you don't know what you're doing - but look where he started making his 2nd cut - not on the even...
I had 2 VHS tapes (roughly 2 hrs each) of the tour group I was with in Germany for 10 days in Fall 1997.Only watched it a couple times,didn't want...
A couple years back brother removed a large hollow lower limb from the big old recently dead Silver Maple in his front yard.Tossed that in the...
I also seen where it was stated that the quality of the food played as much part in the cutters staying at a particular camp.They wanted the top...
Dad bought his 3400 in Spring 1981.I wasn't quite 18 & started using it a while later.Over the next 20 years that cut easily 300 p/u loads in all...
That one,and a early '70's 3100 Gear Drive & late '70's 750 are on my wish list..... I also see a 610 inside that truck bed.:cool:
That's good stuff.Ended up with just over 1/2 load from pruning neighbor's tree in June 2011,by Nov 2012 it was bone-dry & ready to go.Saved a...
[media] This one has to be the most ignorant one I've ever seen.I hope for humanity's sake he never breeds.
You know I'm not in favor of excessive government regulation & bureaucracy - But I really think there should be some sort of mandatory compentecy...
Brother called this morning - had a favor to ask me - Wanted to buy a load of wood for his fireplace. He's got a 3yr old Poulan 42cc w/ 18"...
That's the one I printed & saved.Except I use store bought crusts.
When starting out after washing the bark,scrubbing it good with a vegetable or similar brush,toasting for 15-20 min in oven you then place in...
Slow & steady wins the race.
My back & shoulders sure don't feel that way after a 50 hr week.:DOnly thing is now I have less than 10 years until I can retire,so now its...
Thanksgiving weekend 1995 for me.Cold turkey & never looked back.Sure I wasn't the most pleasant guy to be around the first 2 weeks.... but after...