Looking at pictures of bark online, i still think it’s Elm. Or possibly Bitternut or Pignut Hickory. It’s unlike any Maple I’ve ever split before,...
Pretty much every free minute I had meant splitting wood. In a way the totes make it easier, because one tote isn’t a ton of wood and is an easy...
I filled the last tote with this wood. I have a lot of it on my property. The heart wood is a lot darker and very stringy. The bark has a...
These are the best pictures I can get for now. [IMG] [IMG]
YES!!! Tote/cage #20 was filled ending at 8:30 this morning. Officially done and made my “by March 1st” goal. Not all of the totes are near each...
I just heard on the radio the other day that all perfumes are made from whale excretions. Not sure if it’s true or not.
I've marked firewood lengths a few different ways. The magnet sticks always seem to come off and can contact the chain. Tapes often seem to pop...
Yeah, wives and girlfriends around the world
Those bigguns are a lot of work, but as said they create so much firewood. Especially worth it if Red Oak. Nice square splits for as far as the...
Got #19 filled today after work. Hoping to do #20 on Friday
damm!!! Size 17. How tall are you Screwloose?
Seems like a good price. The Bobcat you rented, although similar horsepower, is quite a bit bigger and more powerful in terms of lift capacities....
Are they even available in the US? I dont think they are, due to stupid EPA regs. If you're itching for a big saw, I see a lot of guys buying the...
Even though I’ve never met him, by reading his posts Brad always seemed like an up front and genuine man. I’m glad things worked out.
Couple other things: The nice thing about a fork box is it can be used on either the front or the rear. If you make a box that's hard attached to...
The chain is a 1/4" chain that has carabiners on each end. The box end attaches to a fairly heavy duty eye screw that screws into a deck board...
I filled two more totes today and cut and washed all the bladders I’m using for the roofs. I think I’m doing pretty decent. 18 filled since I got...
Tough time of year for chains. Half the logs are partially frozen, or have partially frozen dirt crusted on them.
My box was made from re-used pressure treated lumber. It is 5' wide and holds exactly 1/3rd of a cord (43 cubic feet). My tractor is 45 hp and...
Good deal!!! Those will be handy!!!