14 with -1 windchill right now.Not quite 1" snow on Thursday night.May see 24 if lucky today. Just restarted & the old dead White Oak/Hickory mix...
When I woke up at 5AM it was 39,slowly falling temps ever since.Started very light freezing rain around 3PM,31 degrees.Still very light rain,its...
Here on CL about 3 weeks back someone on NE part of town had one they wanted removed.Hard to tell really good from the pic but I guessed it to be...
I wonder if its as good as regular Pear in the smoker or stove?
I just use either a 6lb steel splitting wedge as a pattern or take a straight edge & draw a couple lines on the wood,cut out them on bandsaw.Put...
Going out about every 7 -10 days since my last report I managed to grab some more each trip - anywhere from 1 to 3 pounds.Here's season total...
Made from hickory & hophornbeam (ironwood) then spray painted fluorescent orange.About 5 minutes each start to finish.
I don't give a chit,I'd still like one! :D
Mulberry's one of my favs,has lots of uses.
Yup in the old Slate Belt,if I'm not mistaken.Early Welsh immigrant stone cutters named it for their hometown.I have some antique slate & stone...
I've seen where people out walking have went right through barricades & taped off areas then stepped in freshly poured concrete sidewalks.And one...
Latest addition.... barn find from London,Kentucky. Mid-late 1960's.
I've done that!!! Have been known to pull over & stop or even do a u turn to grab a few sticks on the curb.... :cool:
Under The Bleachers by C.More Butts Tiger's Revenge by Claude Balls Who Chit In The Saddle by Gene Autry No Problem Prostrate by I.P.Freeley...
Plus ripping chain is actually faster & less wear/tear on your saw....I have ripping chains from 24" to 42" for the big Husky's,but none for the...
You bet your ash.
Not yet but I did do this a couple years back to an old pair of steel toed boots for walking on ice,packed snow & mud at construction...
If I was closer,I'd grab it for sure. Of course it helps to have 2 saws that are 100cc or more with bars up to 42" :cool:
yup ohio buckeye or horsechestnut.Lightweight,soft & weak,light colored.Fairly heavy when green though.
I think so.Noticed on the news last week there's something like 10 or more (forgot the number) counties in eastern Iowa where EAB has been...