Very impressive coal bed after 13 hours Maina. How often do the ashes have to be removed? It looks like plenty of room for more splits on a cold...
Thank you Dennis. Lots to consider here and great information. My only exposure to soapstone was my neighbors non-cat Hearthstone. It cooked us...
Thank you Mike. The swing away cook top appeals to me quite a bit, but that is secondary to a stove that distributes even heat. I do love some...
Thank you for these posts Maina. They are very helpful. The next stove will be for supplemental heat and I'm not looking to use it as a primary...
It did. We were using a splatter guard for years and the vent hole in the center I figured concentrated heat to blister the paint. I'm keeping...
So I'm thinking with a cat, it burns at a (s)lower rate extracting more heat from the smoke, thus extending burn times? I'm used to cast iron and...
Next year we may be able to look at getting a free standing stove, not in our fireplace and I have the option to keep our Jotul Castine as a cost...
Our 18 year old microwave went junk this weekend. Unacceptable.:whistle:
Blowing the sawdust off this thread with a little pallet wood slim plant holder. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
You will certainly see stars if hit with one. :heidi:
Seeing the Christmas decorations out next to the Halloween decorations at the big box stores in October is a bit over the top.
Yesterday, not far from home. [ATTACH]
Leftover pie makes a great breakfast. :drool:
That's a "hold my beer..." tool.
Happy Birthday Eric VW. [ATTACH]
Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the day everyone. Please have safe travels if you are on the road. We have lots to be thankful for here, and we are...
Lots of the old mill towns have very close houses, many without driveways. There are winter parking bans or park on one side of the street....
The advice given here so far is very good. No one is going to give you a nod on an install that is not safe, or does not meet manufacturers...
I'll bring some Tourtiere's
We were at my son's karate dojo this evening putting up just over 500 turkey dinners that will be going out to the less fortunate tomorrow. We...